Michael Cera (Canadian Actor)
Meet Michael Cera, poster boy of geek chic.
You know Michael Austin Cera for his geeky roles in Arrested Development, Nick & Nora's Infinite Playlist but did you know that there is much to learn about this Canadian Actor?
The adorkable baby-faced actor first got interested in acting after viewing Ghostbusters again and again, memorizing all the dialogue. He has since appeared in numerous films, even receiving two Canadian Comedy Award Best Actor nominations in 2008 for his remarkable work with Ellen Page in Juno, and his endearing acting in Superbad. He won for Superbad but both movies eventually positioned him as one of Hollywood's most promising next generation comedians.
In 2010, he won a Satellite Award for Best Actor for his work in Scott Pilgrim vs. The World. He is also currently the bassist for indie rock superband Mister Heavenly.
Information sourced from Wikipedia
Impossible is the Opposite of Possible - Michael Cera's video resume
Impossible is the Opposite of Possible is a video resume Michael made for McSweeney's Presents: The World, Explained (a benefit for 826LA). Directed by Nicholas Jasenovec. This video is a full on parody of Aleksey Vayner's "Impossible is Nothing." (For those unfamiliar, Aleksey is an investment banker who created a "video resume" that highlighted his philosophies on his unbridled success.) Very funny. Watch it.
- Michael Cera's career in the entertainment business began when he was cast as Larrabe Hicks in the TV series I Was a Sixth Grade Alien (1999)
- In 2002, Michael played the young Chuck Barris in Confessions of a Dangerous Mind. He also provided voices for characters in the animated series The Berenstain Bears and Braceface.
- He played George Michael Bluth in the award-winning television series Arrested Development for three seasons, until the series was cancelled.
- In 2005, he starred as Harold in the award winning short film Darling Darling for which he was awarded Best Actor at the San Gio Festival in Verona, Italy.
- In 2006, he created and starred in a parody of Impossible is Nothing, a video rsum created by Aleksey Vayner. He also guest-starred in an episode of Veronica Mars and also in Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job!
- Along with best friend Clark Duke, Michael wrote and starred in a series of short videos released on their website titled Clarke and Michael, later bought by CBS Television and distributed via their internet channel CBS Innertube. Clarke and Michael are both members of the band The Long Goodbye.
- Michael starred alongside Jonah Hill in the film Superbad.
- In November 2007, he hosted a live staged episode of Saturday Night Live that was not shown on television due to the 2007 Writers Guild of America Strike.
- Also in 2007, Michael co-starred in the movie Juno as Paulie Bleeker.
- Michael won Breakthrough Artist in the Austin Film Critics Association Awards 2007 for his work on Superbad and Juno
- In 2007, Michael appeared in the comedy short "Drunk History", playing Alexander Hamilton in a comedic retelling of Hamilton's duel with Aaron Burr.
- Michael starred in the independent film Paper Heart with Charlyne Yi released August 7, 2009. It premiered at the 2009 Sundance Film Festival where it won a screenwriting award. Michael and Charlyne composed the movie's soundtrack.
- He starred with Jack Black in the 2009 comedy Year One.
Keep tabs on Michael Cera and his career on the following websites:
- Clark And Michael
Clark and Michael is a CBS Internet television series created by and starring Clark Duke and Michael Cera. The series takes the form of a mockumentary following Duke and Cera's ambitions to write and sell a pilot for a television series. Influences o
- Michael Cera Source
Michael Cera Source is your best source for everything Michael Cera related. Michael Cera Source provides you with the most up to date information, images and multimedia downloads.
- Michael Cera Blog Community
Michael Cera Blog for Fans
- Michael Cera - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Michael Austin Cera on Wikipedia
Michael Cera Movie Trailers & Video Clips - Michael in front of the camera.
Here's a collection of trailers of TV series and movies with Michael Cera. If you've never seen him in a movie, watch these clips and find out why he's very much in demand these days.
List of Michael Cera Movies (and other stuff he's in)
The young Canadian actor's filmography
1999 - Switching Goals as Taylor
199 - What Katy Did as Dorry
2000 - Frequency as Gordy Jr., Age 10
2000 - Steal This Movie! as America Hoffman, Age 7-8
2000 - Ultimate G's: Zac's Flying Dream as Young Zac
2000 - Custody of the Heart
2001 - Stolen Miracle as Brandon McKinley
2001 - My Louisiana Sky as Jesse Wade Thompson
2001 - The Familiar Stranger as Young Ted Welsh
2001 - Walter and Henry as Crying Kid
2002 - Confessions of a Dangerous Mind as Chuck Barris, Age 8 and 11
2007 - Superbad as Evan
2007 - Wayside: The Movie as Todd
2007 - Juno as Paulie Bleeker
2008 - Extreme Movie as Fred
2008 - Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist as Nick O'Leary
2009 - Paper Heart as Himself
2009 - Year One as Oh
2010 - Youth in Revolt as Nick Twisp / Francois Dillinger
2010 - Scott Pilgrim vs. the World as Scott Pilgrim
1999 - I Was a Sixth Grade Alien as Larrabe Hicks
1998-2001 - Rolie Polie Olie as Little Gizmo (voice only)
2000 - La Femme Nikita as Jerome
2001-2003 - The Berenstain Bears as Brother Bear (voice only)
2001-2005 - Braceface as Josh Spitz (voice only)
2003-2006 - Arrested Development as George Michael Bluth
2005-2007 - Wayside Todd (voice only)
2006 - Veronica Mars as Dean Rudolph
2007 - Clark and Michael as Mikey Cera
2007 - Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job! as Jaime Stevens
2008 - Children's Hospital as Sal Viscuso (voice only)
2010 - Scott Pilgrim vs. the Animation (Scott Pilgrim Promo)
Buy Scott Pilgrim T-shirts - Michael plays the title character in Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
Michael Cera as Scott Pilgrim
Photo from Filmofilia
2010's Scott Pilgrim vs. the World is a movie adaptation of Bryan Lee O'Malley's six-volume graphic novel and Michael Cera plays the role of geeky Scott Pilgrim. The story revolves around his quest to win dream girl Ramona Flowers' love by defeating her evil exes in mortal combat. If you're a fan of the movie or the comic book series, here is a selection of Scott Pilgrim T-shirts and other collectibles.
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World I've Kissed Scott Pilgrim Baby Doll Tee by MIGHTY FINE
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World An Epic of Epic Epicness Baby Doll Tee by MIGHTY FINE
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World 1-Up Baby Doll Tee by MIGHTY FINE
Scott Pilgrim 6-Inch Action Figure Set
More Scott Pilgrim tees for fanboys and fangirls
Michael Cera & Ellen Page singing "Anyone Else But You" - as seen in the movie Juno
Paulie Bleeker (Mike Cera) and Juno MacGuff (Ellen Page) singing "Anyone Else But You" in a charming, memorable scene from the Academy Award-winning film JUNO.
What's your favorite Michael Cera movie? Vote for it here! - Clicking on the images will take you to the product pages on Amazon
Rank and vote for the best Michael Cera movie (in your opinion) right here by clicking on the up or down arrows. Click on the image or link to read each movie's synopsis on Amazon. You can also grab this list and add it as a widget to your blogs so you can ask your friends to vote too.
Michael Cera is in Mister Heavenly, an indie rock supergroup - And you thought Mike Cera couldn't get any cooler...
Michael Cera is currently the bassist for Mister Heavenly, an indie super band featuring featuring Man Man's Honus Honus, Islands' Nick Thorburn, and Modest Mouse's Joe Plummer. Watch their performances in the compilation of videos below.
Michael Cera dancing with Michael Jackson - Who else gets to pull off a dance-off with the King of Pop?
Do you want to see Michael Cera dancing with no less than the King of Pop himself? Mikey Cera spotted Michael Jackson walking along Hollywood Boulevard in front of the Chinese Theatre, introduced himself and had an on-the-spot dance off. A must-watch!
Will his star shine even brighter?
What do you think of Michael Cera?
Michael Cera Videos: behind the scenes. - Or Michael as you've probably never seen him before.
Michael is quite a ham and there are loads of videos of him on Youtube parodying other actors (check out the video where he flips out during a movie shoot, or the one where he gets "fired" from a Judd Apatow movie) or just playing offbeat roles in indie productions. Here are a handful of them.
Get Arrested Development on DVD - The hilarious show that brought Michael Cera to the limelight.
Arrested Development is an American television sitcom created by Mitchell Hurwitz for the Fox Broadcasting Company. The show is centered around the Bluths, a formerly wealthy, habitually dysfunctional family and is presented in a pseudo-documentary format, incorporating hand-held camera work, narration, archival photos, and historical footage. Ron Howard is an executive producer and the uncredited narrator. Although set in Newport Beach and Balboa Island, California, Arrested Development was primarily filmed around Culver City and Marina del Rey. Three seasons of the show were produced and aired between 2003 and 2006.
Arrested Development Banana Stand
White Ringer Tee Shirt
Remember the banana stand Michael Cera's character George Michael Bluth operates? Here's an officially licensed Arrested Development Banana Stand White Ringer Tee Shirt. Features print of Bluth's Frozen Banana Stand and reads 'There's Always Money In the Banana Stand.'
Arrested Development Banana
Royal Blue Tee Shirt
Officially licensed Arrested Development Banana Royal Blue Tee Shirt. Features Bluth's Original Frozen Banana logo. Mr. Manager on the back. 100% Cotton.
Arrested Development Bluth Logo
White T Shirt
Officially licensed Arrested Development Bluth Logo White T Shirt. Features Bluth Company logo. 100% Cotton.
Tobias Blue Myself
Dark Navy Tee Shirt
Officially licensed Arrested Development Tobias Blue Myself Navy T-Shirt. Features print on the front of Tobias and says 'I'm Afraid I Just Blue Myself.' 100% Cotton.
There's no stopping him now.
Share your stories, sightings, thoughts, rants, raves...or let me know what you think of this lens here.