Ramona and Beezus: from a Book to a Movie
Beverly Cleary's Classic Children's Books Turn into a Movie
For every child who's little sister was a pest, reading Beezus and Ramona reassured you that you weren't alone. Now Beverly Cleary's ever-so-real children's stories come to the big screen.
Ramona and Beezus debuted July 23, 2010 and eager fans flocked to see it. The movie trailer showed Ramona in her best pest behavior. Readers will be looking closely to see if the movie follows the book. Ramona and Beezus (the movie title) or Beezus and Ramona (the book title)?
It doesn't matter, as fans will love seeing their favorite characters in a movie no matter which of the sisters gets first billing.
Ramona and Beezus - The Lemonade Stand Scene from the Movie
Ramona Was a TV Series Before the Movie
Ramona and Beezus DVD
The Ramona Collection - Read All About Ramona
This new 9" vinyl Ramona has blue eyes and a taffy tan bob with bangs
She wears an orange short-sleeved shirt that has a cat graphic on the front and a blue denim, pleated skirt with multi-colored knee-highs
Red vinyl boots add zip to the outfit
This new play doll perfectly captures Ramona's personality and endearing charm (description from Amazon)
Learn about the Author (Beverly Cleary) and Her Books
- BeverlyCleary.com | Newbery Award Author Beverly Cleary
Beverly Cleary is the author of BEEZUS AND RAMONA, MOUSE AND THE MOTORCYCLE, and Newbery award winner of DEAR MR. HENSHAW, RAMONA QUIMBY AGE 8, and RAMONA AND HER FATHER. Read Beverly Cleary author bio here.
More about the Author's Life - Beverly Cleary's Autobiographies
I was addicted to the books of Beverly Cleary when I was child. Mrs. Cleary's books provided me endless hours of enjoyment, and I still remember laughing out loud at the adventures and misadventures of her characters. Eventually, I grew up and Mrs. Cleary's books became just fond remembrances of my childhood.
Remembrances are what they remained until I re-read "Otis Spofford" a couple weeks ago. Despite my age, I still found myself laughing out loud while I read it. It was that experience that led me to read "A Girl from Yamhill." I wanted to find out more about the woman whose mere name on a book ensured to me as a child a wonderful reading experience.
What a terrific autobiography! I read it in one day. I loved the simple, but honest writing style that can also be found in her fictional books. I also recognized many of the experiences of her girlhood that eventually ended up among the adventures of her fictional characters. (Amazon customer review)
After devouring Beverly Cleary's first memoir "A Girl From Yamhill" I couldn't wait to read My Own Two Feet. The only thing to complain about is that there isn't a sequel to this one! Picking up where Yamhill left off, we share in Beverly Cleary's journey through college and into her adult years and the writing of her first book, Henry Huggins. Reading Cleary's Memoirs, I was taken back to my own childhood and my love for Ramona & Beezus. Cleary has a unique gift of simple writing that readers of all ages can enjoy, whether you are 8 or 80. I lover her writing as much today as I did when I was in the 3rd grade. (review by Sandra Mitchell)
Beverly Cleary Writes the Best Books about Childhood
Was Beverly Cleary a Favorite Author from Your Childhood?
What Readers Say about the Ramona Books - reviews from Amazon
- My 8 yr. old and 5 yr. old daughters beg every night to hear another chapter read to them. The stories and situations are timeless and they can easily identify with Ramona and Beezus. The stories are told from a child's point of view, which can be sometimes enlightening for us grownups who have forgotten what it's like to be 4 or 5 years old. My girls delight in hearing about Ramona's occaisional "wickedness" and very stubborn nature.
I find myself giggling when I recognize things from the era that it was written (my childhood!) like putting plastic bread bags over your shoes and then stuffing them into rubber boots! I highly recommend this collection of books. The word wholesome comes to mind.
- These books are the best. Children will enjoy the simplicity in the narration and the stories and the adventures. It's also great for adults. I didn't read these books when I was young but I'm happy I found them now.
After reading them, I found myself thinking back to my childhood and it also helped me remember a few things from when I was in that age. Beverly Cleary wrote these books so well, it's as if she wrote as she grew along with Ramona.
- I loved Beverly Cleary books when I was younger. I remember this one in particular. Ramona and smashing the egg in her hair because she thought it was hard-boiled....only it wasn't, the Yard-Ape, the umm dinner that could taste you back. I remember it being reassuring to read about Ramona's life and to know that all of that stuff was normal. Families fought, parent's were annoying, school was tough, but in the end, everything was okay.
I loved sharing it with my daughters this time around.
Books Like Beezus and Ramona - Kids Will Love These, Too!
If you've read all the Ramona books, try some that are similar. Here are some I think you will like.
Get All the Ramona Books by Beverly Cleary - available in budget-friendly paperbacks
Selena Gomez Talks about Ramona and Beezus (interview from PopStar! Magazine)
Ramona and Beezus Party Ideas
If your child fell in love with Ramona and Beezus from the movie or the books, throw a party with that theme for their birthday. Here are ideas for a great party with the Ramona and Beezus theme.
- ramona and beezus party ideas Archives - Kids Birthday Parties
If you are planning a Ramona and Beezus Movie Party for your child, I just came across these terrific personalized Ramona and Beezus invitations.
- Ramona and Beezus Party Invitations | ThePartyAnimal-Blog
With the Movie release ofÂ Ramona and Beezus starring Disney's own Selena Gomez and her little co star Joey King you may find kids wanting a Ramona and Beezus