Finding the perfect job
The path to finding a perfect job is long and hard. What may seem a perfect job for one could be less than desirable for another.This is a tongue-in-cheek lens about finding the perfect job after many years of job-hopping. A friend e-mailed me this "punny" joke about the perfect job which I enjoyed a lot and I decided to add Flickr photos and make a fun lens out of it. This is all in jest and not to be taken seriously. Let's have some fun.
How I found the perfect job.
1. My first job was in an orange juice factory, but I got canned. I couldn't concentrate.
2. Then I worked in the woods as a lumberjack. Couldn't hack it. They gave me the axe.
3. I tried being a tailor, but wasn't suited for it. Anyway it was just a sew-sew job.
4. Next, I tried working in a muffler factory, but that was too exhausting.
5. I tried being a chef, to add a little spice to my life, but didn't have the thyme.
6. I attempted to work in a deli, but any way I sliced it, I couldn't cut the mustard.
7. My best job was as a musician, but eventually found I wasn't noteworthy.
8. I studied a long time to become a doctor, but didn't have any patience.
9. I tried to be a model in a clothing store, but they said I wasn't suited for the job.
10. I became a fisherman, but discovered I couldn't live on my net income.
11. Got a job in pool maintenance, but the work was just too draining.
12. So then I got a job in a Workout Center, but they said I wasn't fit for the job.
13. I finally got a job as a historian, until I realized there was no future in it.
14. My next job was working in Starbucks, but quit because it was the same old grind.
15. I also tried working for a footwear company but they gave me the boot.
16. My next job was in a bakery but I didn't make enough dough.
I was a jack-of-all-trades
Master of none
17. I used to be a carpenter, but I found the job too boring.
18. I worked weekends as a beekeeper until they told me to buzz off.
19. I was an amateur wrestler for a while, until I lost my grip.
20. My job as a horticulturist eventually went to pot.
21. Then I worked in a blanket factory, but it folded up.
22. After working 24 hours straight in a watch factory, I decided to call it a day.
23. I worked at a candle factory until the business tapered off after the holidays.
24. I was a construction worker for a while until I fell into the cement and made a bad impression.
25. I TRIED RETIREMENT AND FOUND I AM PERFECT FOR THE JOB!
T'is so true...
Retirement is the time when you never do all the things you intended to do when you were still working.
Take this poll about retirement.
Which one are you?
How to Retire Happy, Wild, and Free:
Retirement Wisdom That You Won't Get from Your Financial Advisor
What Color Is Your Parachute? for Retirement, Second Edition:
Planning a Prosperous, Healthy, and Happy Future
What You Don't Know About Retirement:
A Funny Retirement Quiz
Ditch the Rocking Chair, Trash the Remote, and Do What You Love
Great retirement gift ideas from Amazon
Look for your slice of heaven here - So many choices, so little time
- Best Places to Retire - US News Business
Use our Best Places to Retire search tool and editor's pick lists to find the right retirement locale to fit your lifestyle and budget.
- 10 Affordable Places to Retire - US News and World Report
Boost your retirement prospects by picking a low-cost locale
- Best Retirement Cities
Articles and videos on choosing the best cities for your retirement
- 10 exotic retirement spots for 2011 - international living - MSN Money
Looking for your own slice of heaven? Central and South America offer the unbeatable combination of warm weather and inexpensive real estate. And for Old World charm, you'll always have Paris. - MSN Money retirement-plan tips and articles
"Retirement . . . is when you stop living at work and begin working at living"- Anonymous
Now that you have the time to travel, check out these links.
Set yourself free and relax in exotic places like Maldives.
- Things to See After Retirement | Travel Tips - USAToday.com
All your life, you've thought of where you would want to go if only you had the time. Retirement affords you that time. Although ordinary senior trips (excursions to casinos, the bus to Branson) can provide you with relaxation and entertainment, they
- World Holy Places To Visit After Retirement
World Holy Places To Visit After Retirement
- How to Travel After Retirement | eHow.com
How to Travel After Retirement. You've worked hard all your life, raised a family and now the kids are on their own. It is time for you to retire and you need to figure out what you do now. You're too young to sit in a rocking chair, so you decide to
- 10 Best Post-Retirement Trips - Articles | Travel + Leisure
Travel + Leisure's editors pick 10 of the best trips you've never had time to take.
Great rockers to sit and relax in.
SIt back and sink into these great rocking chairs. Not the usual ones that granny used to sit in. Read a great book, do some birdwatching, watch your favorite program, enjoy a nice cup of tea or coffee with your friends.