- Entertainment and Media
The Vampire Diaries Season 4 Review
Like a book that you just can't put down, this television series will also suck you right in! I started watching the first season of The Vampire Diaries and I couldn't stop watching it until I was completely through the season. When I discovered this show, it was an all day adventure. I was so excited to have came across such a magical and captivating series! I have been a big fan since, and I'm always anxiously awaiting the next episodes.
It wasn't long ago that I finished The Vampire Diaries season 4, which is the best season thus far in my opinion (although season 5 is coming along quite well).
What is this series about?
For those of you who don't know, The Vampire Diaries is a supernatural television series based on the books by L.J. Smith. I haven't read the books, but I am a big fan of the show! It follows the story of a sweet young girl named Elena. She starts off more sweet and innocent, but as the she learns and grows she changes quite a lot.
Elena is from a town called Mystic Falls, where she falls in love with a vampire named Stefen Salvatore, (I know, I know...the idea may not surprise you with the recent Twilight age, but this show stands on its own feet very well with a unique plot and storyline). Elena has so many hardships that she has to overcome, and you see her grow and develop as the story unfolds.
Because of her new found love with a vampire, she is introduced into a supernatural world she had never previously known. As the seasons go on there are so many twists and turns, several deaths, new discoveries, and hardships overcome. Nothing quite beats the steamy love triangle that is probably one of the underlying reasons this show is so popular!
So if you haven't watched this series before, you should definitely start! If you haven't seen the first 3 seasons, be alert that there may be some spoilers in my Season 4 review.
Words I would use to describe some of the main characters:
- Elena Gilbert- pretty, sweet, funny, naive, indecisive, passionate, strong, and caring
- Jeremy Gilbert- Elena's brother, shy, rebellious, stubborn, caring, loving, and strong.
- Stefen Salvatore- handsome, charismatic, gentleman, sweet, passionate, strong, different, and afraid.
- Damon Salvatore- really handsome, darker, mysterious, quirky, unsure of himself, regretful, hopeful. (He changes so much throughout the series and grows as a person...later we'd add caring and compassionate but in the beginning it wasn't that way)
- Bonnie- Elena's best friend-smart, intelligent, intellectual, caring, compassionate, sweet, loving, and strong
- Caroline- Elena's other best friend- ditsy, sweet, blonde, caring, loud, hyper, loyal, and strong
- Matt- another mutual friend- very shy, sincere, kind, honest, loyal person.
My review of The Vampire Diaries Season 4
Season 4 is definitely all about transition. The show has really taken a wild turn, and there are so many things in progress now! Here are ten things that are going on in season 4:
- Elena is a vampire- Damon likes this, Stefen is not so happy about it
- There is a cure for vampires, just one- and everyone wants their hands on it
- Both Damon and Stefen search for this cure, In hopes of giving it to Elena- who never wanted to be a vampire (because they both have her best interest at heart) ...
- Elena and her friends are close to graduating high school
- Lots of deaths happen, including 2 very important people
- A new person in the plot arrives- and he is a big threat to the vampires and hybrids
- Elena switches her humanity switch off later in the season- which makes things very interesting
- Elena is now in love with Damon, which makes us "Delana Fans" very happy!
- There is a mysterious sire bond between Elena and Damon, thus making us wonder if Elena's decision of being with Damon is genuine- or all just a part of the bond.
- The cure is found, and someone takes it...but I'm not telling you who :)
The Season 4 Finale is amazing
Don't you hate when a wonderful movie is ruined by a terrible ending? Well Season 4 had an AMAZING ending. Everyone I know who follows the show is in agreement that the season finale was by far the best yet! It ties everything that has happened together and leaves you on the edge of your seat awaiting the next season (which is currently being aired, and I'm loving it!). I was stunned when I watched the finale, I just couldn't believe how great it was- so many things came together and it worked out wonderfully!
I plan on buying all 5 seasons on DVD in the future, so I can go back and watch them again and again. This is one of my favorite television shows so far, and I can't wait until the next episode of season 5!
The first season was definitely one of my favorites, where you really got to meet the characters and see the bond form between Stefan and Elena. I could watch this over and over and never get tired of it!
Another great season, with lots of twists and turns. After watching season 1 I was hooked, but I became deeper in love with this series after watching season 2!
By season 3 you can really see how the characters have grown and changed so much. Its a great season as well, full of many twists and turns that keep the story alive and interesting. I really loved this season because of that!
The Vampire Diaries- Season 4 Trailer, and Top 20 Songs of The Vampire Diaries
Also for you Buffy fans check out http://www.squidoo.com/buffy-the-vampire-slayer-fan
Here are some great songs from the series, and some nice pictures as well. I love "Holding on and Letting Go". Great songs!
This is a great trailer, but unfortunately there is just so much to this season that it doesn't show. Still a great glimpse of Season 4!
Some funny bloopers from season 4, enjoy!