The "Think Like a Man" Soundtrack List Features 26 Songs From Earth Wind & Fire, Jennifer Hudson, & Ne-Yo
The Music in "Think Like a Man" Is Amazing, but the Soundtrack Differs in the Movie and the Album
If you have seen "Think Like a Man," featuring Chris Brown, Gabrielle Union, and Kevin Hart, you probably noticed the music. This 2012 film revolving around Steve Harvey's book, Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man, won a BET Award for Best Film and Best Film Music. The soundtrack can get stuck in your head for days.
One of the most addictive songs is the title track, "Think Like a Man." Jennifer Hudson's powerful pipes kick off the song, playing off Ne-Yo's vocal stylings before Rick Ross joins in with a soulful bridge. And the music video, included in the list below, is worth a watch as well—be sure you don't miss the last minute that happens after the singing is finished. Although Kevin Hart looks crisp in his suit, his overly confident, smooth-talking ways do not tempt Jennifer Hudson in the least. The boss lady ultimately saves her precious down time for the quietly suave Ne-Yo, and the exchange is classic.
And "Think Like a Man" is just one of the many fabulous songs on the the soundtrack. The other featured single is a luxurious and languid slow jam by John Legend featuring Ludacris titled "Tonight (Best You Ever Had)." The video is visually arresting and sultry, with Legend showing off a set of ripped abs: boyfriend's been working out.
What's a tad confusing is that not all the songs in the movie are on the official Think Like a Man original soundtrack (OST) album and not all the songs on the OST are in the film—in fact, there are only 12 songs listed on the OST. It's sort of like the Hunger Games OST, on which only three songs are in the actual movie; in this case the music is billed as "Music from & Inspired by the Film" (italics mine).
What I've assembled here are all of the songs in the movie plus all of the songs on the official soundtrack.
Four tracks from the Think Like a Man OST album are actually in the movie:
- "Think Like a Man" by Jennifer Hudson and Ne-Yo (feat. Rick Ross)
- "Tonight (Best You Ever Had)" by John Legend (feat. Ludacris)
- "That's the Way of the World" by Earth, Wind, & Fire
- "Never Too Much" by Luther Vandross
Other songs in the movie that aren't on the album include James Brown's "It's a Man's Man's Man's World" and music by Ciara, Marcus Miller, and more.
The OST Album: "Think Like a Man Soundtrack List—Music from & Inspired by the Movie"
Click on the album cover to hear previews of the songs on Amazon.
1. "Think Like a Man" by Jennifer Hudson and Ne-Yo (feat. Rick Ross)
2. "Tonight (Best You Ever Had)" by John Legend (feat. Ludacris)
3. "Need A Reason" by Kelly Rowland (feat. Future and Bei Maejor)
4. "Won’t Make a Fool Out of You" by Marcus Canty
5. "Baby Be Mine" by Quadron
6. "That’s the Way of the World" by Earth, Wind, & Fire
7. "Freedom Ride" by Keri Hilson
8. "Shake That Jelly" by Billy Wes
9. "Same Ol' BS" by RAVAUGHN
10. "Fire" by Brandon Hines
11. "Motion Picture" by Future
12. "Never Too Much" by Luther Vandross
Music in the Movie "Think Like a Man," but Not Included in the Soundtrack Album
13. "Horizons" by Christopher A. Stewart
14. "It's a Man's Man's Man's World," a cover of James Brown's song by C. Lennertz
15. "Just For You" by Christopher A. Stewart & Terius Nash
16. "Rooftop Love" by Marcus Miller
17. "Heartbreak" by Christopher A. Stewart and Michael Joseph Green
18. "How We Do It" by Ciara (song written by Christopher A. Stewart and Terius Nash)
19. "What Did I Miss," a.k.a. "Track #7," by Pop Wansel and Eric Mobley
20. "Slow Down" by Ne-Yo
21. "We're Not Gonna Make It" by Johntá Austin
22. "Options" by Christopher A. Stewart and Terius Nash
23. "That Booty" by S.o.u.n.d.Z. (song written by Kenneth Coby)
24. "TW Jazz" by Marcus Miller
25. "Jack and Ali" by Christophe Beck
26. "Reverie" by Marcus Miller
Source: Think Like a Man Soundtrack List | Copyright 2012 Screen Gems, Inc.