Wooden Toy Boxes and Toy Chests
Looking For a Wooden Toy Box?
How many times have you picked up after your child, following a colorful trail of abandoned toys? And how many times have you wished there was a big and sturdy toy box in the house to help minimize the amount of kid's toys and clutter on the floor? Toy boxes not only offer fantastic storage space, they're also great fun and will teach your child about responsibility and organization.
A quality toy chest can be part of your family for generations. Toy chests combine the beauty of a quality piece of furniture with the functionality of added storage space. Below, you will find a wide variety of toy boxes, catering to every budget and style.
But wait, first...
Meet My Niece, Age 1 1/2 And Already Heavily Addicted To Toys
My brother's little girl -and yes that's her staring right at ya- is quite a handful. When she comes over, I always make sure the neighbour's cat isn't around (tail-pulling risk) and I always take down our toy box to keep the little girl occupied for -hopefully- an hour or so before she gets bored and wants to switch to: pulling my nose, pulling my thumb, eating my hair, vandalising our plants, kissing the windows for minutes on end, and biting the cushions.
But oh, how we love her.
When she gets bigger and stronger, and can probably stomach plastic, I'm going to buy her a fancy wooden toy box. We now have a transparent, plastic box on wheels from Ikea that serves its purpose, as my niece is still tiny and likes to sit in the box and be pushed around until she gets dizzy or my legs give out.
Anyway, I've already started looking around for the kind of wooden toy box that would appeal to her. And oh my God, I never knew there were so many toy boxes on the market! And you know what: I want them all! Want to see them too? Just scroll down and let your jaws drop to the floor...
How To Select A Wooden Toy Box?
Consider the following points:
1. Do you want the chest to withstand time and the wear and tear of a generation of children? If so, you might want to consider selecting a chest that is made of sturdy, solid material (this quality usually comes at a price over $80).
2. Check whether the style of the chest matches the furniture of the room the chest has to fit in. There are chests in all kinds of styles and looks, from Disney to alphabet or circus themed chests. You even have handmade, personalised wooden toy boxes! If you want to integrate the toy box into your living room, a more traditional chest might be what you need.
3. Think about function. Some toy boxes double as sitting areas or toys themselves. When your spaces are confined, you might want to consider a bench style toy box.
4. Check whether the toy box of your choice has safety hinges to prevent pinched fingers, and a cut-out front to prevent suffocation.
5. Most boxes have to be assembled. This usually can be done quickly and easily with common household tools.
Disney Toy Chests Fit For A Little Princess - Recommended for girls aged 24 months to 4 years
Disney Princess Toy Box, hinged safety lid, made of wood and medium density fiberboard, stands 24.63L x 13.50H x 15.38W" in dimension.
Meeting all child-safe standards, it features a safety lid hinged to protect the hands and fingers of little ones. So sturdy, the princesses will be a royal presence for many years, providing safe storage for the treasures and toys of a happy childhood.
Suitable for girls over 36 months old
This functional, bright and fun toy box features charming princess prints and has a large capacity. It will hold lots and lots of toys and store them safely. The flip-top lid makes it easy to use, with a safety hinge that prevents accidental closing. The handles on the side add mobility. Plus, it's made with a durable wood & MDF construction that's sure to stay looking new for many years.
Dimensions: 4 x 16.2 x 25.8 inches
Weight: 21 pounds
Enter the fairies!
Let your little girl store her favorite toys in this delightful toy box with a fairies inspired design. The toy box is made of wood and medium density fiberboard, making it durable and affordable. It has a hinged safety lid, making it safe for the child's delicate little fingers.
Stands 24.75"L x 13.5"W x 12.5"D in dimension
Suitable for kids over 24 months old.
How To Teach Your Kids To Pick Up After Themselves (Without Bribing Them)
Here are some tips
1. Teach them to pick up their toys when they've finished playing, as soon as they can walk, so it becomes a routine. The older they are, the harder it will be to change habits.
2. Be consequent and strict. Don't allow your child to pick up their toys on Monday and leave them lying about on Tuesday. Kids need discipline and rules.
3. Be playful and turn it into a game. Picking up toys shouldn't be a chore, it should be fun. Say: "Let's put your dolls to sleep now. They're tired." or "Let's park your cars in the chest now, they've run out of gas."
4. Reward them not with a present but by saying: "Thank you" after they've cleaned up. Positive reinforcement works much better than negative remarks.
"Children really brighten up a household.
They never turn the lights off."
- Ralph Bus
Dora The Explorer Toy Boxes
The hit series Dora The Explorer is an inspiration for many kids. Nickelodeon character Dora always overcomes all obstacles on her way and never loses courage.
If your kid is mad about Dora, a toy box with their favourite television star is a fabulous gift!
This sturdy and colourful toy box is the perfect place to store shoes, toys and much more! Comes with three removable cloth toy bins
Easy to assemble and clean
Made of wood and MDF
Appox. Dimensions 33.5 X 11.4 X 14.5
Nick Jr Dora the Explorer Wooden Toy Box
This cheerful toy box is recommended for 2 to 6 year olds. It has a hinged safety lid and a roomy storage compartment. It is perfectly safe and was certified by the JPMA (Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association).
Delta Enterprise Nickelodeon Dora the Explorer Toy Box
Let Dora The Explorer join in all the playtime fun! This toy box features your child's favorite TV character Dora and many friends. It's perfect to place in playrooms and bedrooms. Made of high quality, durable fabric, the toy box even folds for easy storage.
"If there is a species which is more maltreated than children, then it must be their toys."
- Jean Baudrillard
Teach Your Child About Farm Animals With This Farmhouse Toy Box
Parents who've already purchased this toy chest report that it was very easy to put together. It comes with two removable dividers (click on the image to see more pictures) for easy storage.
Dimensions: 32.5"W x 15.5"D x 25"H.
Weight: 29 pounds.
Some assembly is required.
Wooden Toy Boxes With White Paint Finish
Large, spacious area for storing toys. Doubles as a sitting area. Easy-care pink cushion. Safety hinge and a cutout beneath the lid to prevent little fingers from getting caught.
Dimensions: measures 16" x 18.5" x 30"
This toy chest doubles as a bench. It is crafted in durable beech wood with a white finish; air holes provided for hide-n-seek. Tight safety hinges and finger slots prevent squished fingers; built-in handles for transport
Wipe with a damp cloth and mild soap; assembly required
Dimensions: 33-3/8 by 18-1/2 by 24-1/4 inches
Weight; 34 pounds
Toy Chests For Beaming, Active Boys
This fire truck toy box features a safety hinge catch and cut-outs to prevent finger pinching.
Assembly is required.
Dimensions: 32.8"W x 15.5"D x 18.5"H. 43 lbs.
This toy box is suitable for children over 3 years of age.
It measures 28.5"W x 13.5"D x 27.5"H, and features a safety hinge catch and cut-outs to prevent finger pinching.
Weight: 41 pounds.
What little boy doesn't dream of waking up as Superman? This 22.5 x 3.5 x 15.5 inch toy box has a fantastic Superman design on it. It's a practical size and weighs 18 pounds.
Made of durable, strong wood. Officially licensed DC Heroes Toy Chest
This Harley Davidson Flames Toy Box will provide the storage for kids over 3 years old with lots of toys! It doubles as a bench seat. Quality and durability as befitting KidKraft products prevail. It will last for years!
Dimensions: 30 x 16 x 19.6 inches
Weight: 21 pounds