- Entertainment and Media»
- Television & TV Shows
X Factor Semi Final Results Week 9
X factor or Fix Factor.......You Decide.
Tonight it was time for the results and the contestants were more nervous than ever as they would soon discover who goes through to the live final and who would have to go home.
Previous x factor winner Alexandra Burke was performing on the show tonight, singing her song 'The Silence'. And unlike many others Alexandra did not mime but instead gave a stunning and powerful performance which ended in her being lifted up in the air like an angel.
We also saw Glee do their song 'Don't Stop' which got the crowd going, and one of the Glee singers sang right into Simon Cowell's face.
Last up was none other than The Black Eyed Peas singing there new single 'The Time' which i can see going to number one already.
Now over to the results, normally on the semi final the act with the least votes goes home, the public decide and not the judges. However on tonight's show everyone was surprised to discover that the two acts with the least votes would have to sing off and the Judges would then decide there fate. This is no coincidence, this was another ploy of Simon Cowell's to ensure that Cher Lloyd made it into the final. Here are some other coincidences we can add to the list...........
1. In week 7 Cher Lloyd was up against Paije Richardson and instead of taking it to dead lock Louis Walsh choose to send his favourite act Paije home to save Cher, Louis had championed Paije all the way through the show and that same night he had accused Cher of lazy performances, but with revelations that Cher had the least public votes did Louis choose to send home Paije or was he told to send home Paije knowing that Cher would go home if he choose deadlock?) The crowd were all shouting and chanting to boot Cher off and keep Paije in but the decision was final.
2. You have probably noticed that contestants have stated that they were already expecting their outcome, as each week the bottom two are leaked on Twitter. However last week Cher said she was expecting to be in the bottom two because it had been leaked on Twitter just an hour before. Thousands of people were also campaigning to keep Wagner in the show to annoy Simon Cowell. So it came as a shock to Cher when she sailed through to the semi final and it was in fact Katie that went home and Wagner and Mary in the sing off. Wagner had previously always been in the top three and Cher had always been near the bottom so it all seemed slightly suspicious.
3. For those of you that voted for Cher you will know her phone number to vote ended in 101, However the night before last weeks results show Wagner was given the phone number that ended in 101 instead. so people voting for Wagner to win would now be voting for Cher to win.
4. When The X Factor first began, Cher Lloyd's voice was digitally enhanced, something which Simon later apologised for. But then just weeks into the live shows it was revealed that Cher Lloyd and One Direction have professional singers recording their backing vocals, both Danni and Louis were angry because the acts are drowned out by the backing vocals giving them an unfair advantage.
5. Katie Waissel was constantly in the bottom two and she was saved regardless of who she was up against. One week she came up against her fellow girl contestant Treyc Cohen. Mentor Cheryl told Dermott to ask the other judges to vote first and then she would take it to deadlock. However Dermott was not allowed to do this, it was later revealed that Katie had the least public votes so they could not have let it go to deadlock. Simon Cowell admitted that Treyc Cohen had the better voice but still opted to send her home and save Katie.
Back to tonight's results. Cher and Mary found themselves in the bottom two, Mary told Dermott she was expecting it while Cher appeared very annoyed. Mary sang her song from the first week 'Its a Mans World'' she gave a very heartfelt and powerful performance. Next was Cher who was already crying, she sang 'Everytime' and by the end of the song she was crying her eyes out. Louis chose to send Cher home saying Mary was real and sincere, but Simon, Danni and Cheryl all opted to send Mary home meaning Cher was through to the final. Shocker!! The audience were chanting Marys name but unfortunately that did not sway the Judges.
So the final four are Matt, Rebecca, One Direction and Cher. And its down to the public on final night so i predict that Cher will be the first to go and the remaining three will be a very close call but i am backing Matt to win, Go Matt!!!!!!!
See performances below.