10 Family Fun Ideas
Spending Time with the Ones You Love
1. Ice Cream Social at Home- Grab a few family favorite flavors, (try to say that 5 times fast), and some fun toppings. Sit around the kitchen table passing the ice cream around as well as the toppings. Enjoy the treat and the conversation between family members.
2. S’more fun- S’mores do not have to consist of just chocolate, graham crackers, and marshmallows. Try some fun variation on the traditional S’more. Use your grill to grill up the marshmallows and substitute a chocolate bar for a Kit Kat. Use Nutella with Marshmallow fluff spread on graham crackers. Try using small buttered croissants cut in half and lightly grilled instead of graham crackers.
3. Living Room Campout- Camping in the living room can be great fun for a family. Set up a tent, (if you have one small enough), or just sleep “out under the stars”, (the glow in the dark ones you placed on the ceiling a few hours before). Lay out blankets and pillows, turn off the lights, and pass around the flashlight telling stories or favorite memories.
4. Fort Building- Build a large fort using chairs, blankets, and furniture you have in your house. Take a few snacks climb into the fort and enjoy the family fun.
5. Flash Light Tag- A favorite of mine when I was a child. Go outside and hand each family member a flashlight. Make sure you set boundries and then give family members the rules. If the light touches you from the person that is “it” it is your turn to be “it”. Flash your light on someone else to give them a turn if you can catch them!
6. Bake Cookies- Bake a varity of cookies that your family enjoys. Gathers a few different icings and other edible decorations and take turn decorating cookies for one another. Have younger children “take your order” and help them create a custom cookie for you or another family member.
7. Nature walk- Take the family outside for a walk around your area. If you do not have much “nature” around just being out in the air will still be refreshing. Be sure to ask question of each other as you walk along discussing the different sights on your walk.
8. Family Mural- Take sidewalks chalk outside and create a family mural. Write each family members name and create pictures of things they like around it.
9. Popcorn and a Movie- Pick a few movie selections and take a vote for the movie of the night. Grab a few bags of popcorn, pop them up, and pour them into a large bowl. Gather the family around the bowl of popcorn and enjoy. You may even give each person their own bowl and give them a few choices of fun add ins to their popcorn like: M&M’s, raisins, or peanuts.
10. Leggos- Leggos can be a ton of fun for a family. Make a city from Leggos or any other type of scene that your family thinks would be interesting and fun to make.