10 Errors in Family Communication - How to Solve This Problem?
Errors that prevent family communication
Sometimes, you have been the one who comes to the house of a relative, neighbor or friend, and you feel tension in the environment that surrounds you, is not it? Then imagine that it is you who are in a similar situation with your family and a visit comes.
Most family problems usually occur due to little or no communication between family members. It is important that you recognize what are the 10 most common errors that impede fluid communication:
- Do not exaggerate and generalize: children are only "children" who must be educated as they grow up with values and respect. But accusing his son of doing everything wrong "always" creates insecurity and rebellion. Do not exaggerate by punishing your child for accidentally breaking a glass when lifting the table after eating, surely other things will improve it.
- Misinterpreted messages: parents due to stress are usually a time bomb. They tend to become aggressive when they are irritated by labor, economic and social concerns, or simply overwhelmed by traffic. Messages like "What time do you arrive? You left work late, do I have food for you?" They can be interpreted as sarcasm, search for problems or control Relax! they are just simple questions and affirmations, which can be answered calmly. The family is there to support themselves!
- The negative environment: when the word "no" is handled repetitively, it can have the opposite effect on the child. In other words, being very negative, using phrases like "do not run," "do not shout" or "you will not" will cause the child to stop attending, and when that word is mentioned, he will not obey. This does not mean that you should not say what is right and what is wrong, just do not use the word "no". It is better to handle arguments that make it understand.
- Division in authority: it is common to see how parents unconsciously divide their authority. When there are disagreements between them, they create a message of disunity that causes confusion between what should and should not be done. Indeed, the lack of a common criterion hinders and hinders the educational work of parents and creates confusion for the child.
- Know your child: discipline and behavior are different in each child, since they are all different in character and in other ways of being. The discipline that was applied to one can not be applied to the other, and if so, it is not sure that it works. Even if one obeys one technique and the other does not, parents can not think that it is their son's fault that they do not want to obey. The correct thing is to teach the child in a different way the wrong behavior. The most important thing is to know their limitations, their weaknesses, their strengths and, depending on that, act.
- Minimize the impact of situations for children: in general, adults tend to consider their most important problems. For the most part, the problems that can occur are, in the juvenile stage, because they want to seem superficial with regard to the restlessness and complications that accompany adult life. Not giving enough importance to things as simple as "a party", "the clothes you want to wear" or "a dinner" makes young people stay away from their parents because they do not feel the importance they want.
- Disapproving the children: the reason why we always remove the child for being small becomes a great obstacle to family communication and emotional ties, because saying "You're doing it wrong again" makes the child not grow enough like to try things again.
- Value honesty: The moment one of the family members makes a mistake, admits it and reproaches it, they will lose all confidence in admitting any error. Therefore, it is important to value the trust and honesty you had to admit your mistake (and tell them).
- They do not support the great ideas of children: in adolescents it is very common for them to think of great ideas (even monetary and of great economic vision). Although for some parents, for the most part, they are not realistic, it is important not to encourage children to create a fantasy world, but there are things that can be done to support the great ideas of children. Being curious about their ideas is an important step, asking them to stimulate reflection and to trust that parents are part of what they want.
- I do not remember past events: Enough! The labels used to remember the past moments create an annoying atmosphere. Therefore, try to avoid cataloging "similar" behaviors by remembering specific events.
Does your family have good communication?
Does your family have good communication?
© 2018 Cindy Vargas