- Family and Parenting»
15 Ways to Show You Are Proud of Your Child!
What Your Children Are Trying To Tell You!
Ever wonder what you miss in your child's day?
When you see your child running around outside do they tell you what they were doing? Do you ever go out and run around with them? Do you get down on their level and just let life go?
When they call your name and ask you to come play, do you ever say just one moment and when they go back to playing do you forget and continue your task thinking they have forgot they asked you to play?
A child is only a child once, they only go through childhood once, and when they ask you to play and you are trying to do your dishes, take a step back, and think about how important those dishes really are.
When you are trying to wash the floor and your child runs through the house with their little sticky feet and cover your nice and shiny floor with tiny footprints don't get mad, take some pictures, turn on some music and enjoy those tiny footprints come tomorrow they will be bigger!
Do You Truly Listen To Your Child?
When your child runs up to you, a picture in hand rambling on about how they drew a smiley face with legs, hair, hands and a big nose do you truly hear that? Or do you say, "Oh that is nice hunny!" Well you continue doing whatever it was you were doing prior?
Do you ask your child about his or her day?
Do you enjoy watching your child tell you stories the excitement and pure innocence that lights their faces, and brightens their eyes?
Are you trying your best to understand exactly what they are feeling?
What can you do to improve you listening skills?
5 Ways To Show Your Child You Are Proud Of Them!
1. Show up to their games, sit through and enjoy their concerts, songs, and dances.
2. Hang their drawings and paintings up around the house.
3. Always talk positively about them to other adults.
4. Tell them you are proud of them!
5. Be there for them, listen to them and enjoy time with them.
Play With Them!
Some Proud Parent Quotes
My children are gifts to be cherished and loved!
My children make me a better person!
Kids are life's greatest treasures
I'd like to be a perfect mother, but I am too busy raising my children!
Proud Of My Babies
Are You Doing Your Best To Tell Your Little One You Are Proud?
Do You Tell Your Children You Are Proud?
Five More Ideas!
* Do you show excitement when your child shows you their report card?
* Do you stand on the side lines and cheer for your number one?
* Try sitting with them at their level and asking them about their favorite part of their day.
* Give them encouragement and support even if they are struggling, tell them you are there for them.
* Don't let them beat themselves up, explain that they are trying to do their best and you are proud of them.
I Have Two Amazing Little Girls!
A Mother's Poem
Watching you grow
Smiles lighting your face,
Love bursting from your heart
As you twirl with grace.
Your eyes so beautiful,
Your dreams so wild
You make us so proud
You are one amazing child
I never dreamt when I had a daughter
That they would be so brilliant
No one loves you more
Then myself and your father.
We have two beautiful babies
We wish would stay little forever
But our little girls are growing
You will always be our girls forever and ever
The things you teach us
Every single day
Will forever stay with us
We cherish everything you say
So please don't forget
That we love you so
We are proud to be your parents
We are proud to be here to watch you grow.
Love Your Mama
Be Proud For Every Little Thing Your Babies Do!
- Enjoy every little thing your child does.
- Take pictures of all their achievements.
- Take in every little moment.
- Be there and listen to your children.
- Give your children hugs and kisses and tell them they are your hero!
A Little Side Note!
I am a mom of two beautiful girls, I really try to enjoy every moment with them, I write to them whenever I think of it. I try and enjoy the little things, I myself get caught up, but I have promised myself to be a better listener, and a better supporter. I want them to know they are the center of my universe, they make my world go around. Without my children I wouldn't be the woman I am today. I have a supportive husband and two little sweeties that I am proud of, I am their biggest fan. Now please go and enjoy a little time with your children. Let them teach you something new!