- Family and Parenting»
I know I cant be the only one. My son just turned five and is already enrolled in Kindergarten. However, I got to noticing the other day that I worry more now than I ever did when he was younger. What is the reasoning behind this? These are the things that I can think of that could be contributing to my new and more often worries.
- Will he be ready for kindergarten?
- Is he smart enough to start school?
- Will he be socially accepted by other children?
- Will he be bullied?
- I am to hard on him when he does something that leads to punishment?
- Do I explore his imaginative realm to the up most?
- Do I provide him with ways to overcome his emotional feelings such as anger, sadness, worry, etc...
- Is he eating a well rounded nutritional diet?
- Is he the accurate weight?
- Is he turning into a bully?
- Is this a phase or a serious concern?
- Does he play to many virtual games?
- Am I giving him enough mother/son time?
All of these thoughts float threw my brain more than I like to admit. Sometimes I wish I was still worrying over his walking a wee bit bowl legged. Or getting him to stop begging for his bottle, or wishing the late night out of bed adventures would come to an end.
Maybe just maybe I am still in denial that I have a kid instead of a toddler, that he is fixing to face the world outside of family and friends where he might get a glimpse of what the world can actually be like. Not all fairy tells with knights in shinning amour. Maybe, just maybe I am not ready for him to be grown up.