- Family and Parenting»
- Babies & Baby Care
Best lactation smoothie ever!
This smoothie is packed with good foods and nutrients to help boost milk supply. It is the equivalent to about 1/2 dozen lactation cookies without all the extra calories! I use this smoothie as my daily breakfast. It is filling and delicious!
- 1 cup Chocolate Almond Milk
- 2 TBS Ground flax seed meal
- 2 TBS Peanut butter or Almond Butter
- 1 medium Banana
- 1/3 cup Old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 TBS Brewers Yeast
- Put all ingredients (except ice) into blender and and allow to blend for about 2 minutes. It takes a couple minutes to get the oats to break down to a drinkable consistency.
- Once well blended add ice cube and blend to desired thickness. I usually use about 4 goof sized ice cubes.
* I like to freeze the banana in small chunks. It helps to thicken the smoothie without having to add too much ice so it doesn't get watered down
* There is no substitution for Brewer's Yeast. In general it can be found at your local natural food stores such as Whole Foods, GNC or Vitamin Shoppes. If you can't find it locally then try Amazon.
* The recipe calls for the chocolate almond milk but you can substitute any almond milk or coconut milk
|Serving size: 1 large smoothie|
|Calories from Fat||225|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 25 g||38%|
|Saturated fat 2 g||10%|
|Carbohydrates 78 g||26%|
|Sugar 42 g|
|Fiber 19 g||76%|
|Protein 27 g||54%|
|Sodium 1150 mg||48%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|