Breastfeeding=Bonding With Baby
"There are so many positives to breastfeeding! People should realize it is a natural, incredibly healthy thing for a mother to do for her baby. It shouldn't be looked at with disgust. Breastfeeding is an incredibly beautiful, instinctual thing that women can do. It shouldn't be viewed as repulsive or unsanitary. It's a bonding experience between the mother and baby. It's a gesture of love."
It makes me laugh hearing how some people are so disgusted by breastfeeding. And yes, everyone has heard someone say something about how repulsive it is if someone is breastfeeding in a public place but is generally covered up. I'm not sure how a woman feeding her child is that offensive to some people. The human race has been doing it for thousands of years versus formula feeding only being around for forty years or so. It seems like the option that would seem more natural and accepted by people would be breastfeeding not formula feeding.
There are so many positives to breastfeeding! People should realize it is a natural, incredibly healthy thing for a mother to do for her baby. It shouldn't be looked at with disgust. Breastfeeding is an incredibly beautiful, instinctual thing that women can do. It shouldn't be viewed as repulsive or unsanitary. It's a bonding experience between the mother and baby. It's a gesture of devoted love.
I was lucky enough to have a family that strongly believes in breastfeeding being the best thing to do and they were fine with me taking time off of work to breastfeed my baby and care for her. My mother breastfed me, her mother breastfed her, and her mother breastfed her, and so on and so forth. It's something all of us are accustomed to and it is viewed as something of beauty and motherhood in my family. This is the way all people should view breastfeeding. All women should have supportive families that should be willing to let them take some time off of work to breastfeed their babies for the first six to twelve months of the baby's life. In retrospect this is not an absurd amount of time even for a family to allow a woman member to stay with them while feeding her baby.While all circumstances are vastly differing, this still to me seems like a practical, normal thing to do for a member of your family. If my daughter or nieces or sister ever has a baby and wants to breastfeed I would gladly allow her to stay with me if she needs a place to be for a while.
Mother breastfeeding baby
Positives to Breastfeeding for Your Baby!
- Breast milk is safe. It's not spoiled or made in a factory.
- Babies are usually not allergic to breast milk (some cases are out there though).
- It doesn't get thrown up as much as formula does.
- It's easier on baby's kidneys than formula from cow's milk.
- It's thickness changes during the day to fit a baby's needs (something formula can never achieve).
- Prevents infection and boosts baby's immune system.
- Helps prevent diaper rash,
- Provides baby with a healthy weight rather than formula which can result in overweight babies.
- May help boost intellect.
Positives to Breastfeeding for The Mother!
- Much more convenient than having to warm up formula.
- It's free! Breastfeeding doesn't have a price tag like formula.
- Quicker healing time after giving birth.
- Lesser chance of getting some kinds of cancer.
- Easier night time feedings.
- Time to rest and relax and heal your body while your breastfeeding.
- Less likely to have post-partum depression. (this is not always the case of course, but breastfeeding may help a woman feel stronger and more confident in herself rather than sad and closed off).
- Bonding time with baby. You'll get to cuddle them, soothe them, and talk to them while breastfeeding. This is time any mother will cherish. It is something you will never forget and will look back on fondly once your child is older.
Things You Might Find Helpful While Breast Feeding
All you really need for breastfeeding is your breasts, but sometimes it's helpful to have a few other things if you feel the need for them. Below I have made a short list of some things that are helpful to have while breastfeeding.
You won't need nursing pads once your flow becomes more regular. You may need them at the start of the time you are breastfeeding and towards the end when you're weaning. To use them you simply attach them to the inside of your bra.
You can find nursing bras in a variety of shapes, colors, and styles. It's best to find something that is sturdy, easy to move aside for feedings, and offers plenty of support. It doesn't matter if it's cute looking or ugly looking. It should only matter if it is practical. You can find nursing bras that have cute patterns if you want, but keep in mind if they aren't practically designed as well as cute it will make it harder to feed your baby and it might result in you having more stretch marks on your chest from lack of good support. You may want to get about five nursing bras, although if you do laundry more often less may be fine for your needs.
This is a safe product you can apply to your breasts if they become chapped or sore from breastfeeding. It is not harmful to your baby and using just a small amount should help.
Having at least a small pack of burp cloths is very helpful when you are burping your baby after feedings.
'Safe Haven' Movie Still
While breastfeeding your baby you will need a safe place to feed them. Wherever you go consider if you will have access to an area you can go to feed them. If you are going somewhere public as long as it's a safe location you should be fine feeding them there as long as you have proper cover up such as a blanket or a special designed nursing shirt. If you dislike feeding your baby in public don't feel pressured to by anyone. You have every right to tell whomever you are with that you are going to a more private location to feed your baby,
Perfect for feeding your baby if you want a little privacy.
Nursing shirts are not necessarily a must, yet they can be extremely helpful for quicker access for your baby to your breast. Motherhood Maternity has some of the best nursing and maternity wear on the market I have found, so starting there to find at least a few comfortable nursing shirts is a great start if you want to have a small nursing clothing wardrobe.