- Family and Parenting
Bright Starts Take Along Carrier Toy Bar Review
At Wits’ End
We received this toy along with others for Christmas while we were still pregnant. The first thought that crossed my mind when I first saw this toy was, “What in the world am I going to do with this thing? This thing is useless!” I knew this because I would not be able to strap the toy to the stroller I had chosen to put in my baby registry, and the car seat we had been gifted months earlier did not have anything to attach it to. We ended up getting a stroller travel system that came with an infant car seat since the one on my registry was out of stock.
Little did we know how much this toy was going to help in the long run, quite literally. Imagine that you are out and about for most of the day. You are all tired at which point baby gets cranky and starts crying. You try to console him by talking to him, turning the radio on, and assuring him you are almost home. The crying baby is driving you crazy. You have tried every possible thing to calm him down but nothing works! Finally, brilliant me decided to install the “useless” toy we had been given on Christmas. “Hey, this thing ain’t half as bad after all!” Baby is entertained and we keep our heads.
The features a rattle zebra, a paddle mirror, and a tiger that can all spin. The tiger’s nose can be pressed to play four tunes and lights up. He also holds 2 colorful rings for baby to chase. It has four stretchy, velcro straps to make it easier to attach to baby carrier. It is recommended for infants 0 – 12 months old. Requires 3 – AG13 batteries, they are included. It is made in China. Bright Starts Take Along Carrier Toy Bar
- It keeps baby entertained allowing you to drive and concentrate on the road.
- It can be used on a stroller. Baby even likes it when you are not driving! Holy smokes!
- The tunes are very pleasant. Even daddy has picked out his favorite.
- The velcro straps make it easy to move, put on, and take off the toy. And so far, they have done a great job at holding it in place.
- The warnings in fine print say it’s not safe to use on a moving vehicle. I don’t see why it would be an issue as long as both the toy and baby are securely strapped. But I supposed if one leaves one side hanging it could swing in an accident and become a hazard.
- The tunes are too short. They each range between 8 and 16 seconds long.
- It can’t be attached to just any stroller or carrier.
- Depending on the carrier or stroller, when attached, it could end up being too close to the baby’s face.
We’ve had it since Christmas of last year and our son plays with it every time we go out in his carrier, whether it is in the car or the stroller. So far we have not had to change the batteries on it yet.
We unstrap just one side of the toy and let it drop to make it easier when putting baby in and taking baby out, and re-strap before getting on the road. It’s fairly inexpensive compare to other carrier toys.
This toy has definitely kept baby busy and happy, and made our trips much more relaxed.