Building Young Girls into Confident Women
Dove beauty care products have introduced a new program within their Real Beauty campaign. The Real Beauty Campaign has exploded from Dove, the campaign empowers and encourages women to feel their best, and know that every woman is beautiful inside and out. For over ten years, Dove has made commercials, and produced heart-warming short films that have opened many eyes around the world. In more recent years, Dove has created a new project, The Dove Self-Esteem Project. The project is targeted toward girls, ages 8 to 16. The project has given some interesting and compelling facts.
- Did you know that 8 out of 10 girls are so concerned with the way they look that they opt out of important activities? From sports to visiting the doctor or going to school anxiety about a girls looks can keep them from fulfilling their life!
- 7 out of 10 girls have reported putting their health at risk by not eating or not going to visit their doctor when they don’t feel good about themselves.
However, Dove has a vision of a world where beauty is a source of confidence not anxiety. The clear mission is to ensure the next generation grows up enjoying a positive relationship with the way they look and feel, in doing so Dove is helping young people raise their self esteem and realize their full potential.
- At this time, Dove has reached over 20 million young people with self-esteem education.
- Resources include tools for parents, mentors, teachers, and youth leaders. Bringing people together is what will make Dove reach millions more youth and spread awareness.
- Dove is worldwide and wants to reach anyone they can, Dove has partnered with the World Association of Girls Guides and Girl Scouts.
- Dove has been inspiring women from all over the world and will continue to do so in years to come.