Cheap, Fun Date Ideas for Teenagers
Dating can be an expensive endeavor. To add to that, being a teenager with little or no income AND dating can be a nightmare! Dating doesn't have to be expensive! In fact, some of the best dates are either cheap or free! It doesn't have to be expensive to be a good date. If you are looking for a cheap or free date, look at some of the ideas below!
1. See a movie at home
If you don't mind staying in (or the weather is bad) rent a movie or two from Redbox, buy some microwave popcorn, and your favorite candies. Grab some blankets and snuggle up together. You will be saving about $10 on your at home theatre date and it will also be more personal.
Redbox gives promotional codes for free rentals. These codes can only be used once so use them sparingly.
If you want a certain movie, you can go to the Redbox website, reserve the movie you want, and send it to a kiosk near you.
Go Explore the City & Landmarks
- Some zoos and museums will have discount or free days for patrons. Take advantage of those days. Keep in mind that these days are usually during the week so these might be better for summer months.
- Sightseeing is a great way to go on a date with someone for little to no money. Go explore the cities hidden gems, a quick online search can help you find them. Make it a challenge by trying to find the weirdest or coolest thing.
Have a date in the park
Weather permitting, a date in the park is a great and cheap date idea that any outdoor enthusiest would love!
- Take a walk around the park -- Walk along the trails, hold hands, and talk about anything you want! Use that time to really connect and get to know each other better.
- Buy a loaf of bread and feed the ducks or geese -- This can be a fun activity to do with your date. You can even use stale (not moldy) bread from your house and put it to good use. If you don't have a loaf of bread, you can buy a cheap loaf for $1 or $2 at a grocery store.
- Have a picnic -- Make some sandwiches, buy a couple 20 oz drinks from the store, and pack some finger foods. Be sure the blanket you use is NOT your favorite blanket. Pick a spot under a shady tree and have a picnic. If you want to get really fancy, pack some Martinelli's Sparkling Cider and plastic champagne glasses.
- Fly a kite or play a sport together -- If you and your date are sporty people, play a sport at the park. If you are crafty people, make a couple kites and go fly them.
- Embrace your innner child and play on the playground -- Who says that the playground can only be for kids. I would not suggest this if the playground is crowded due to the possibility of plowing little ones over but, if the playground is not crowded, play!
- Sit and talk on a park bench -- Just sitting on a park bench and enjoying the weather is fun too. Talk about anything and even people watch.
Keep the date close to home
There are tons of stuff you can do with your date around the house, if you don't mind parents around.
- Play board games -- Nothing like some stiff competition between a couple.
- Play video games -- Have a video game competition. Pick a two player game and see who can win!
- Have a water balloon fight -- You can buy water balloons at the store. Fill them up and go to war.
- Water Gun fight -- If water balloons are not your thing, use water guns!
- Cook a meal together -- If you have access to the kitchen, cook together. I guarantee there will be tons of laughs and you can enjoy a nice meal together too.
- Build sundaes together -- Buy a pint of ice cream and your favorite sundae toppings and make a sundae. Make one giant sundae and share it with your date.
Go on a Shopping Adventure
- Window Shop -- You don't have to buy anything. Just walk around the town with your date and look in different stores. If you have some money, buy your date a small present.
- Go to thrift stores -- If you have a Goodwill or other thrift stores in your area, go and see what interesting stuff you can find. Give you and your date $5 and see who can buy the weirdest thing!
There are a ton of ideas that you can do. The main thing to remember is, it doesn't matter what you do as long as you're with your special date. The best dates sometimes are something personal. Also, some of the most amazing dates are those you think of yourself. I hope your date is enjoyable (and cheap). So, what are your favorite cheap date ideas? Leave it in the comments below!