Cheap dates with your spouse or significant other
How to have a cheap (not awful) date
In this economy, it is harder and harder to go out without spending a lot of money. People expect you to spend a lot if you go out. Here is a list of economical ideas for going out with a significant other that will not rip a whole in your pocketbook.
Some are silly, some may be nerdy, but look them over and see if there is an idea for you. There may be something on the list that you may like. Enjoy!
How to have a cheap, but fun, date.
1. Go out for coffee and conversation.
2. Take a walk together.
3. Go for a run or a jog together.
4. Go out to breakfast or lunch - cheaper than dinner.
5. Go out for ice cream.
6. Go out for dessert in general.
7. Play games together with a side of popped popcorn.
8. Read the same book together and discuss.
9. Go to church together.
10. Take the dog our for a walk and talk.
11. Take turns doing a crossword puzzle together.
12. Cook a meal together and then share it (with some romantic music in the background).
13. Take a class together at a community center or community college on a topic you both enjoy.
14. Go bowling.
15. Learn a language together on line.
16. Window-shop together and pretend you are remodeling your house with the things that you see.
17. Take a train ride together on the subway and snuggle the whole way.
18. Take a drive through a new town and stop and walk down the main street.
19. Read a passage in the Bible together and discuss.
20. Go to a free or cheap high school or middle school concert.
21. Go to a free or cheap middle school or high school play .
22. Teach a Bible study together.
23. Become Marriage Encounter mentors.
24. Volunteer at a soup kitchen or shelter.
25. Spend an evening writing love letters to each other then read them. Put them in a box and save for a rainy day.