Parenting is said to be the oldest profession. But it is not as simple a procedure. There is no single formula for good parenting because many factors come into the picture. But there are some basic ideas that can make the task considerably effective.
1. Parents should be good role-models of their children.
2. A clear set of values about right and wrong must be presented in the home.
3. Children must be respected as individuals.
4. Achievement, rather than grades must be emphasized.
5. Children must be given the freedom to make decisions and take small risks or lapses.
6. A well-adjusted family must exercise a moderate emotional closeness with each other.
7. Parents must maintain a sense of humor.
8. Parents must recognize their children as responsible individuals who can act morally and wisely in any given situation.