5 Points To Consider For Nursery or School Admissions of Your Kids
How to choose a good school for your child? Choose Wisely!
© Chitrangada Sharan July, 2014,
All Rights Reserved.
- Becoming a parent is a matter of great responsibility.
- So the days of baby sitting are over and now you want to put your child in the best school and provide the best education to him.
- Each parent wants to give the best to his child, no matter what-------!
- This is a very crucial decision and needs to be taken, by keeping several factors in mind.
- It is a competitive world and you want your child to develop in a holistic way, to face the challenges of life.
- This can only be possible if they have a well rounded personality provided in a healthy atmosphere with tender care.
- The mushrooming of big, small, reputed and the not so reputed schools, make your choice and decision all the more difficult.
So, how do you decide?
Other hubs by Chitrangada Sharan
- Sibling Rivalry:Signs,Causes And Parenting Tips To H...
While mostly siblings are best friends, in many families, there is Sibling Rivalry as well and most upset and sad by this are the parents only.Can the Parents be blamed? If yes, can they handle this?
Nursery Admissions:Big names do not necessarily guarantee quality!
# Do not think that, if the school has a big reputation, it is above all in quality as compared to other schools.
# So the so called average schools may also provide quality education to children.
# You should look for a school that teaches values along with academics, where Art is also given importance along with Mathematics; where project works surpasses rote learning; where peace and harmony are dominant over competition.
5 Factors to focus, while giving education to children:
1. Physical development:
Physical does not necessarily mean games and sports only. Playing musical instruments, sitting in the right posture while eating, clay work, putting things and objects in order are some of the examples.
Most of the schools focus on these personality traits these days.
2. Emotional development:
Educating a child in such a way that he/she becomes sensitive to others, to start with, the friends.
Encouraging team work, sharing things such as notebooks, pencils, art materials etc. accepting mistakes and saying 'sorry' or 'please'; maintaining an open and fair mind while solving clashes and conflicts are some of the examples, the school should focus on while taking care of Emotional development of your child.
Other hubs by Chitrangada Sharan
- Are You Too Busy To Notice Your Child's Loneliness?
Busy parents and lonely children is the reality of today's society.But it is a necessity for both the parents to earn, to manage a decent living. How to find a balance so kids are also given attention.
3. Mental development:
Some children have a greater ability to learn faster. But with the guidance, encouragement and motivation even those children, who have less natural inclination to learn, can learn and become aware.
An expert and devoted teacher knows how to make learning easy to the most backward student of the class.
In any case the challenge of an educator is in educating an average or a below average child and not the already intelligent child.
4. Psychological development:
The school should provide an atmosphere, such that it provides an environment for healthy psychological growth of the child.
The campus should be clean, beautiful and peaceful. All children are by nature curious and creative. The school just has to provide the right exposure to arouse their interest.
5. Spiritual development:
It is a normal practice in most of the schools to start the day with prayer and inspiring thought of the day. This is very important for the spiritual growth of the children.
It helps the children to connect their inner thoughts with the outside world through reflective exercises.
Do you think schools play a major role in building a good personality of the child?
Teachers As Mentors!
- There is no limit to what a good teacher can bring out from a child.
- A teacher can mold a child into a fine, well rounded personality, ready to venture out in a world full of challenges and competition, with understanding and care.
- Therefore look for a school who have teacher as mentors and who are sympathetic towards the problems of children and concerns of the parents;
- A good teacher tries all experiments to make learning easy and effective for even the most backward child of the class.
To sum up:
In addition to the above, there are some other practical factors you should look for before admitting your child to a school:
~The distance from your home should not be too much;
~Overall neat and clean campus and classrooms;
~Clean and hygienic toilets and dining rooms;
~Check out the ratings of the school through reliable sources;
~Extra curricular activities are important for a child's overall growth and the school must support and organize these activities;
~The school must have good security system and transport facilities;
~It should have a first aid room and a doctor as well;
~ Focus of learning should be interactive and fun activities to stimulate the creative mind;
~Meet the Principal and teachers, before deciding upon a school.
© Chitrangada Sharan 17th July, 2014
All Rights Reserved.
PROTECTED: PLEASE DO NOT COPY!
Helpful video on choosing the right school for your child, source: You tube
Nursery admissions: New guidelines in New Delhi, source: You tube
Other related hubs by Chitrangada Sharan
- How To Engage Children Constructively During School ...
Summer Vacations is an ideal time to make kids Learn with Fun. Channelize their energy in constructive activities, relax, recharge and rejuvenate and also strengthen their academics by playful methods.
- Examination Stress: How To Help Children Cope With I...
Is your child facing examination stress?As a parent, are you helping or making things worse for your child? The mantra should be prior planning n study, realistic approach avoiding over expectation!
- Concentration vs Distraction : How Can Parents Help...
Concentration is a skill, that enables us to focus on a particular thought, while eliminating every other thing from our conscious mind. Children must be trained to concentrate for effective learning.
- How To Improve Learning By Planned Study Habits: Use...
A student with moderate ability, who uses his talents in a methodical way to STUDY , will achieve more success than a person with greater ability but who is unmethodical. HOW! Read on rules to follow-
© 2014 Chitrangada Sharan