5 Points to Consider for Nursery or School Admissions of Your Children
How to Choose a Good School for Your Child?
Becoming a parent is a matter of great responsibility.
When the days of baby sitting are over, and you want to put your child in the best school and provide the best education to him, you must choose wisely.
Each parent wants to give the best to his/ her child, no matter what-------!
This is a very crucial decision, and needs to be taken, by keeping several factors in mind.
It is a competitive world, and you want your child to develop in a holistic way, to face the many challenges of life.
This can only be possible, if they have a well rounded personality, provided in a healthy atmosphere, with tender care.
The mushrooming of big, small, reputed, and the not so reputed schools, makes your choice, and decision all the more difficult.
So, how do you decide?
You can teach a student a lesson a day, but if you can teach him to learn by creating curiosity, he will continue the learning process, as long as he lives.
—Clay. B. Bedford
Nursery Admissions: Big Names do not Necessarily Guarantee Good Quality.
It’s not correct to think that, if the school has a big reputation, it is above all, in quality, as compared to other schools.
Therefor, the so called, average schools, may also provide quality education to the children.
One should look, for a school, that teaches values, along with academics.
Where Art is also given importance, along with Mathematics.
Where project works surpasses rote learning.
Where peace and harmony, are dominant, over competition.
5 Factors to focus, while giving education to children:
1. Physical development:
Physical, does not necessarily mean, games and sports only.
Playing musical instruments, sitting in the right posture while eating, clay work, putting things, and objects in order, are some of the examples.
Most of the schools focus on these personality traits these days.
2. Emotional development:
Educating a child, in such a way, that he/she becomes sensitive to others, to start with, the friends.
Encouraging team work, sharing things such as notebooks, pencils, art materials etc. accepting mistakes, and saying 'sorry' or 'please.’
Maintaining an open, and fair mind, while solving clashes, and conflicts, are some of the examples, the school should focus on, while taking care of the Emotional development of your child.
The important thing is not so much that every child should be taught, as that every child should be given the wish to learn.
3. Mental development:
Some children have a greater ability to learn faster.
But with the guidance, encouragement, and motivation of the Teachers, even those children, who have less natural inclination to learn, can learn, and become aware.
An expert, and devoted teacher knows, how to make learning easy, to the most backward student of the class.
In any case the challenge of an educator is in educating an average or a below average child and not the already intelligent child.
4. Psychological development:
The school should provide an atmosphere, such that it provides an environment for healthy psychological growth of the child.
The campus should be clean, beautiful and peaceful.
All children, are by nature curious, and creative. The school just has to provide the right exposure, to arouse their interest.
5. Spiritual development:
It is a normal practice, in most of the schools, to start the day with prayer, and inspiring thought of the day. This is very important for the spiritual growth of the children.
It helps the children, to connect their inner thoughts, with the outside world, through reflective exercises.
Nursery admissions: New guidelines in New Delhi, source: You tube
Teachers As Mentors
- There is no limit to what a good teacher can bring out from a child.
- A teacher can mould a child into a fine, well rounded personality, ready to venture out, in a world, full of challenges, and competition, with understanding, and care.
- Therefore, look for a school, which has teachers as mentors, and who are sympathetic, towards the problems of the children, and the concerns of the parents.
- A good teacher, tries all experiments, to make learning easy, and effective, for even the most backward child of the class.
To sum up:
In addition to the above, there are some other practical factors, the parents should look for, before admitting their child to a school
- The distance from your home, should not be too much,
- Overall neat, and clean campus, and classrooms,
- Clean and hygienic toilets, and dining rooms,
- Check out the ratings of the school, through reliable sources;
- Extra curricular activities are important for a child's overall growth, and the school must support, and organize these activities,
- The school must have good security system, and transport facilities,
- It should have a first aid room, and a doctor as well,
- Focus of learning should be interactive, and fun activities, to stimulate the creative mind,
- Meet the Principal and the teachers, before deciding upon a school.
Do you think schools play a major role in building a good personality of the child?
Helpful video on choosing the right school for your child, source: You tube
© 2014 Chitrangada Sharan