Effective Home Remedies: For Common Health Problems in The Infants and Toddlers
Natural cure for common Problems in Infants and babies
Are you going to be a Mother for the first time?
Do you get worried, with the slightest trouble of your child?
Does the common health issues of your little one, such as cold and cough, teething, constimation, mild fever and other such problems, leave you anxious?
Then this article is useful for you.
When you have your first baby, every cry of the baby, can make you extremely worried.
If you have someone experienced to ask, it is very helpful.
But everyone is not so fortunate.
The children can not tell, what is troubling them and thus it becomes very important for the mother, to observe them.
Take note of any change in their behaviour, their sleep patterns, their cry, their discomfort about something.
Every little change should be paid attention to.
Common problems in infants, source: YouTube
“Sometimes to be a good parent... You have to laugh when you want to be angry. You have to be angry when you want to laugh. And that is why good parenting is tough.”
― Dan Pearce, Single Dad Laughing
Do you sincerely follow an Immunization schedule for your baby?
Constipation in infants and their natural solutions, source: YouTube
Natural, Herbal Cure For Small Children
Some easy, natural and herbal, home remedies for children.
You may try these natural home remedies, but if the problem persists, you MUST report this to the pediatrician.
1. Mild Fever:
Babies are very sensitive. Even a slight change in weather, can cause fever or cold and cough problems.
If the fever is mild and seasonal, you can try the following method—
- Take about 10 basil leaves and half teaspoon of black pepper in a pan. Add a glass, approx. 250 ml. of water. Boil for 10 minutes on low flame. Pass through a sieve and feed the mixture to the baby with a spoon. Give small quantity to begin with, that’s around 2-3 tsp. See how the baby is responding. If the fever persists, please consult the doctor.
2. Common cold and cough:
Cold and cough can affect children quite often.
It is very important that people infected with cold and cough, should avoid physical contact with the child.
Take all precautions to keep the environment clean and disinfected. If however, the child gets cold, try this home remedy---
- Take 1 teaspoon ginger juice, 1/4 th teaspoon black pepper powder and 1 teaspoon honey and mix everything thoroughly. Feed the mixture to the baby, half teaspoon at a time. Repeat after two hours.
- Another remedy--mix half teaspoon turmeric powder in a cup of milk. Add little sugar and feed the baby. If the infection is mild, these are very effective remedies.
“Each child is a unique person, so raise your child taking this fact into
― Eraldo Banovac
Diarrhoea in children, source: YouTube
Some Other Most Common Baby Problems:
3. Teething problem:
Teething may cause pain and swelling in gums. The child may feel irritated and restless. Follow these remedies:
- You may massage the gums after cleaning your hands.
- Then you can give something, cold, hard and edible to bite upon.
- Hygienic teethers are available at the Chemist stores or exclusive children stores.
- Rubbing some honey on gums also helps in relieving pain and swelling.
It is the most common problem, which causes discomfort in babies and they cry.
Sometimes it may be due to wrong positioning of the baby during feeding.
It is also caused due to the mother eating such foods, which causes gases, if the baby is mother fed.
Certain baby food products available in the market may not suit every child.
- Carrying the baby on your shoulder and gently massaging their back will help.
- An equal amount of apple juice mixed with beetroot juice helps to release gas.
- A tablespoon of gooseberry juice, green or dried, mixed with honey will help the child to get rid of constipation.
- If the child is too small to take this, there is another one. Soak a teaspoon of asafoetida (Heeng in Hindi) in two teaspoons of water and apply on the naval of the child.
5. Bed Wetting:
- Bed wetting is very common and till the child starts understanding, the parent has to be watchful. Keeping the baby warm is important.
- Grind one piece walnut, combined with one teaspoon raisins, in the food processor. Feed the child before bedtime for a week. This helps to cure the problem.
- Boil 1-2 dry dates in 250 ml. of milk, on slow flame. Feed before bedtime for a week. This should help the child to get cured from the problem of bed wetting.
Do you believe that herbal remedies are safe for small kids?
A Word of Caution
- Whenever you are giving some kind of homemade mixture to your child, give small quantity, about 2 to 3 gm. to start with.
- Observe carefully, how the child responds. If you see favourable results, continue the treatment.
- These are some home remedies or first aid, commonly referred to as Grandma's tips.
- But if the problem appears to be complicating further, it is advisable and wise to consult the Pediatrician.
- Since you can not take risk with children and their problem must be attended with immediate effect.
- Every child can be different and what suits one, may not be effective for the other child. Therefore be very cautious.
Tips on How to make your baby sleep? source: You tube
Grandma' s tips always works.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and does not substitute for diagnosis, prognosis, treatment, prescription, and/or dietary advice from a licensed health professional. Drugs, supplements, and natural remedies may have dangerous side effects. If pregnant or nursing, consult with a qualified provider on an individual basis. Seek immediate help if you are experiencing a medical emergency.
© 2012 Chitrangada Sharan