- Family and Parenting»
- Parenting Skills, Styles & Advice
Development Dads - Constrained, Restrained yet Entertained? - Infant
Constrained, Restrained yet Entertained?
The Cat House or the Reptile House
When Taylor was in Daisies, the group leader of twelve girls scheduled an overnight outing at the zoo. It started on a hot and humid Friday evening after the zoo closed to the public and was supposed to end at nine o'clock Saturday morning. For the most part, it was a father and daughter event because it was pretty much a camp out.
That evening, the keepers provided a film presentation of the duties they performed on a daily basis. The best part for the girls was when they showed how they cared for and fed the infant gorilla and elephant. Then they took us to them and the girls got to watch these events live. Later on we had pizza and refreshments and then were free to tour the insect and reptile house; which, of course, did not appeal to most of the girls but they went anyway just to demonstrate how disgusted they were.
That night we bedded down in sleeping bags in the building adjoining the cat house. It was stifling in the large room so one of the keepers cranked up the AC. Within minutes, however, the aroma from the cat house started filtering in. After a half hour of that, we unanimously decided that we either had to be moved or we were all headed home. The head keeper told us that the only other place we could bed down was the floor of the reptile house. The girls quickly and adamantly made that decision for us.
Useful For You - Useful To Me
It is very important to me to get feedback; so, if you could interact with an Episode by selecting Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down, whether you think the Episode was Useful, Funny, Awesome, Beautiful, or Interesting, and, finally, type in some Comments about what you really think.
When working with an Episode, here are some tips:
- You can access an Episode by selecting a link provided in the Select an Episode section on the Development Dads introductory page. Get to this page by clicking this link.
- You can also access an Episode by clicking on the Randall Frey link to the right of my unfavorable photo.
- Note that when you are viewing any Episode, you can also select a Previous or Next Episode link at the bottom of the page to display it. To my dismay, sometimes these links appear and some times they don't.
- To enlarge a cartoon, you will need to change you browser's View | Zoom out setting.
© 2014 Randall Frey