- Family and Parenting»
- Parenting Skills, Styles & Advice
Development Dads - Gilded Guilt - Toddler
With nine babies being born in a nine month period, inter-office emails became insane, flex hours were definitely being implemented, and meeting schedules were constantly being revised. On top of that, eight wives of these fathers also were full-time employed so day care events were also added to the mix. The first thing everyone did every morning was check their emails to see what was going with whom and who was available, but that tactic still wasn't a catch all. On any given day, one or more fathers were communicating that they were either on their way to take their child to the pediatrician, working at home for a few hours, taking a longer lunch, coming in late, or leaving early. It was maddening but completely acceptable and everyone was empathetic. Even if you were working late in the evening, you would still see emails flowing among developers trying to catch up with that day's work.
However, we soon found ourselves spending too much time in tracking mode. So, our insightful office manager took the initiative and saved the day when she purchased a white board. Every morning she posted who would be in, when they would be in, when they would be leaving, and how and when they could be contacted. Then she would send out an email to all employees with the results. She was so successful and we became so dependent on her that she was given a raise within the week, probably to ensure that her activities would continue.
Useful For You - Useful To Me
It is very important to me to get feedback; so, if you could interact with an Episode by selecting Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down, whether you think the Episode was Useful, Funny, Awesome, Beautiful, or Interesting, and, finally, type in some Comments about what you really think.
When working with an Episode, here are some tips:
- You can access an Episode by selecting a link provided in the Select an Episode section on the Development Dads introductory page. Get to this page by clicking this link.
- You can also access an Episode by clicking on the Randall Frey link to the right of my unfavorable photo.
- Note that when you are viewing any Episode, you can also select a Previous or Next Episode link at the bottom of the page to display it. To my dismay, sometimes these links appear and some times they don't.
- To enlarge a cartoon, you will need to change you browser's View | Zoom out setting.