- Family and Parenting»
- Parenting Skills, Styles & Advice
Development Dads - Chloe Appleseed - Toddler
Reflect or compete? Whatever works.
For several months, Taylor was a very messy eater. You couldn't trust her with a spoon because she either used it as a drumstick or as a catapult. However, her messy eating habits changed completely in one day. It happened when we were getting ready to order ice cream cones at a local parlor. As we were standing there in line, a girl about Taylor's age was walking by eating chocolate; or, better said, the chocolate ice cream was eating the girl's face. Taylor then looked up at us and by the look on her face we knew she totally disapproved of this look. From that point on, she became seemingly obsessed with keeping her face clean for she wiped her mouth with a napkin after ever bite of food from that point on.
We did remember this incident and thought that this self reflection or peer competitiveness could work in other areas. So, when we were potting training her and getting nowhere, one of us said, "You know Elizabeth is younger than you and she is already potty trained." That's all we had to say. That afternoon she came running into the kitchen and proclaimed. "I used the potty and cleaned myself!"
Useful For You - Useful To me
It is very important to me to get feedback; so, if you could interact with an Episode by selecting Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down, whether you think the Episode was Useful, Funny, Awesome, Beautiful, or Interesting, and, finally, type in some Comments about what you really think.
When working with an Episode, here are some tips:
- You can access an Episode by selecting a link provided in the Select an Episode section on the Development Dads introductory page. Get to this page by clicking this link.
- You can also access an Episode by clicking on the Randall Frey link to the right of my unfavorable photo.
- Note that when you are viewing any Episode, you can also select a Previous or Next Episode link at the bottom of the page to display it. To my dismay, sometimes these links appear and some times they don't.
- To enlarge a cartoon, you will need to change you browser's View | Zoom out setting.
© 2015 Randall Frey