- Family and Parenting»
- Parenting Skills, Styles & Advice
Development Dads - Up To Date - Adult
Up To date
If It Wasn't For Joy
On a very rare occasion Taylor would eat chicken nuggets but, unlike her father, she feigned eating burgers and fries. When we would go out to a restaurant, other than fast food, she would inevitably settle for mac'n cheese and chicken strips. It was a blessing that she didn't like fast food. If you gave her a choice between McDonalds, Burger King, Taco Bell, or Wendy's, she would pick Wendy's and order a baked potato or chicken sandwich, salad, and, of course, a frosty.
Everyone I know, however, has their weakness. For Taylor, it is sweets. If we said, "You can only eat desserts for dinner", she would gleam and joyously order cheesecake, chocolate mousse, and ice cream (with, of course, sprinkles). To limit her intake of desserts is relatively easy but to find entrees that our healthy and nourishing we concluded that one must eat at home a lot more than eating out.
And to that point, Taylor and I are really blessed because we have Joy. She loves to cook and prepare healthy meals. She also is disciplined and forces us to eat what she does. Of course, Taylor and I believe that she doesn't have taste buds so she can't tell the difference between broccoli and pizza.
Useful For You - Useful To Me
It is very important to me to get feedback; so, if you could interact with an Episode by selecting Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down, whether you think the Episode was Useful, Funny, Awesome, Beautiful, or Interesting, and, finally, type in some Comments about what you really think.
When working with an Episode, here are some tips:
- You can access an Episode by selecting a link provided in the Select an Episode section on the Development Dads introductory page. Get to this page by clicking this link.
- You can also access an Episode by clicking on the Randall Frey link to the right of my unfavorable photo.
- Note that when you are viewing any Episode, you can also select a Previous or Next Episode link at the bottom of the page to display it. To my dismay, sometimes these links appear and some times they don't.
- To enlarge a cartoon, you will need to change you browser's View | Zoom out setting.
© 2015 Randall Frey