- Family and Parenting»
- Parenting Skills, Styles & Advice
Development Dads - Don't Drink The Water? - Infant
Don't Drink The Water?
A Major Release
In the nine month period when all of us became fathers, software delivery definitely was dithered. When Taylor was born, for example, there was a baby born two weeks before and another two weeks after. I think all ten fathers took at least two full weeks off to be with mom and child. In the course of a normal year, we would usually take off a week here and there and space them out according to software delivery cycles. Then, in the middle of it all, the vp of software development, Carl, became a new father. Empathy was now on our side. The president of the company soon thereafter nicknamed the next release 'Whenever'.
But back to Carl. Of all us, he probably demonstrated more frustration in becoming a father than any of us because his wife had to use fertility pills. We thought he might be a little nervous about the whole process but, instead, he was noticeably anxious almost every day. When his wife finally became pregnant, he then grew worse and became a basket case. We couldn't figure out what was going on with him and were afraid to find out. But then, when he returned to work the day after the first sonogram, he was, to our surprise, relaxed, jubilant, and seemingly back to normal. We thought that maybe he was the type that couldn’t relax until he had visual proof. But that wasn’t it. After a little tugging, he finally admitted to us, “I was scared to death that I was going to see seven babies in there!” To his relief, one son.
Useful For You - Useful To Me
It is very important to me to get feedback; so, if you could interact with an Episode by selecting Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down, whether you think the Episode was Useful, Funny, Awesome, Beautiful, or Interesting, and, finally, type in some Comments about what you really think.
When working with an Episode, here are some tips:
- You can access an Episode by selecting a link provided in the Select an Episode section on the Development Dads introductory page. Get to this page by clicking this link.
- You can also access an Episode by clicking on the Randall Frey link to the right of my unfavorable photo.
- Note that when you are viewing any Episode, you can also select a Previous or Next Episode link at the bottom of the page to display it. To my dismay, sometimes these links appear and some times they don't.
- To enlarge a cartoon, you will need to change you browser's View | Zoom out setting.
© 2014 Randall Frey