- Family and Parenting»
- Parenting Skills, Styles & Advice
Development Dads - A Man's World? - Prepubescent
A Man's World?
Each time I dropped off Taylor to day care, I noticed the same scene each morning.
All of the girls were huddled quietly in one corner either playing board games, reading books, or doing art work. In the other corner, the boys were loud and either running around chasing each other, banging on things, taking things apart, or bouncing off each other.
When a boy would stray off and get close to the girls, they all would turn and glare at him with disdain - as if to say, "Stay over there with the other boys".
When I would pick her up, there was more interaction between them and sometimes they were actually playing together. Maybe it took the girls time to adjust to them and get friendly, or maybe it was the teachers who thought up different ways to get them to interact, or maybe as the day wore on testosterone subsided.
This continued on through elementary school years until about the sixth grade. That was when Taylor and her friends starting playing with the boys during recess.
I sure would like to hear some comments about this topic.
Useful For You - Useful To me
It is very important to me to get feedback; so, if you could interact with an Episode by selecting Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down, whether you think the Episode was Useful, Funny, Awesome, Beautiful, or Interesting, and, finally, type in some Comments about what you really think.
When working with an Episode, here are some tips:
- You can access an Episode by selecting a link provided in the Select an Episode section on the Development Dads introductory page. Get to this page by clicking this link.
- You can also access an Episode by clicking on the Randall Frey link to the right of my unfavorable photo.
- Note that when you are viewing any Episode, you can also select a Previous or Next Episode link at the bottom of the page to display it. To my dismay, sometimes these links appear and some times they don't.
- To enlarge a cartoon, you will need to change you browser's View | Zoom out setting.
© 2015 Randall Frey