- Family and Parenting»
- Parenting Skills, Styles & Advice
Development Dads - Heat Or Cold Wave? - Toddler
Heat or Cold Wave?
Shop Until She Says "Drop"?
Unremorseful but Guilty
OK, I was the father who was banned from toy stores by his wife. Guilty.
Here is why I was sidelined. I remember it well because it was a very enjoyable Saturday morning I spent at Toys R Us with my three year old daughter.
When we left for the toy store, the primary intent was to buy Taylor some Poly Pockets. As we went down the aisles to find them, I lost control and started buying other toys with which she fell in love. Then we moved into the big ticket items and I went crazy. In short, rather than leaving the store with a twenty five dollar purchase, we left with fourteen hundred dollars worth of goods.
We filled up the back of the SUV, and then I had to tie down an Igloo playground set on top of the car. When I pulled up to the house and Joy came out to see us, I got the stare, the one that goes right through you. Of course, Taylor was so excited about all of the toys she now had that Joy couldn't reprimand me in front of her.
To allow Joy to mellow out, Taylor and I remained outside the rest of the day putting things together and enjoying the playground set. Later that evening when Taylor was out of ear shot, Joy calmly but firmly said to me. "You are not allowed to take Taylor out shopping by yourself again; and, you cannot go to a toy store without me." I figured that these purchases were good for at least a few years, so I thought that maybe Joy would forget these new demands by then. But, she didn't.
Useful For You - Useful To Me
It is very important to me to get feedback; so, if you could interact with an Episode by selecting Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down, whether you think the Episode was Useful, Funny, Awesome, Beautiful, or Interesting, and, finally, type in some Comments about what you really think.
When working with an Episode, here are some tips:
- You can access an Episode by selecting a link provided in the Select an Episode section on the Development Dads introductory page. Get to this page by clicking this link.
- You can also access an Episode by clicking on the Randall Frey link to the right of my unfavorable photo.
- Note that when you are viewing any Episode, you can also select a Previous or Next Episode link at the bottom of the page to display it. To my dismay, sometimes these links appear and some times they don't.
- To enlarge a cartoon, you will need to change you browser's View | Zoom out setting.
© 2015 Randall Frey