- Family and Parenting»
- Parenting Skills, Styles & Advice
Development Dads - Gritting Diplomacy - Toddler
Nature versus Nurture. Genetics versus Environment. Joy reads story after story to Taylor. I make up stories and tell them to her. Taylor is constantly making up stories to tell me or one of her stuffed animals. How about the way she rolls her eyes and cocks her head to the side when she expresses disbelief just like her mother? Is this a genetic thing or an environment thing? Is it both? Does it matter if it’s either or both? It’s more fascinating, for me, to lean toward the DNA evidence, but soon there is quandary as I cock my head and roll my eyes. I guess that’s why there are so many books written about it. My take on it? As long as she exhibits “normal” behavior, she’s good to go; but, if she doesn’t and we can’t figure it out and correct it, send in the “experts”. The question then, from which school of thought?
Can you make your kid a prodigy if neither parent is a prodigy? Or are prodigies made by getting 'genius genes'? Can two genius parents have a child that is just average? Can those geniuses work with this average child to create a genius?
Useful For You - Useful To Me
It is very important to me to get feedback; so, if you could interact with an Episode by selecting Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down, whether you think the Episode was Useful, Funny, Awesome, Beautiful, or Interesting, and, finally, type in some Comments about what you really think.
When working with an Episode, here are some tips:
- You can access an Episode by selecting a link provided in the Select an Episode section on the Development Dads introductory page. Get to this page by clicking this link.
- You can also access an Episode by clicking on the Randall Frey link to the right of my unfavorable photo.
- Note that when you are viewing any Episode, you can also select a Previous or Next Episode link at the bottom of the page to display it. To my dismay, sometimes these links appear and some times they don't.
- To enlarge a cartoon, you will need to change you browser's View | Zoom out setting.
© 2015 Randall Frey