- Family and Parenting»
- Parenting Skills, Styles & Advice
Development Dads - Feline Felicity - Infant
Kid's Cat or Dad's Cat?
When I came home from work one day, Taylor came running up and exclaimed, "Poppy! I have a cat!" So, I followed her into the bedroom to discover that what Joy and Taylor had brought home was indeed a cat and not a kitten. He is a Blue Russian and American Bobtail mix named Stubbs. My first thought was "Oh, no, a full grown cat! He's probably got some bad habits we'll never be able to break!" But, he didn't. He was well behaved, smart, and affectionate. We soon renamed him 'Pretty Boy'.
For a few years, he was Taylor's cat. She fed him and tended to his litter boxes. He had to have two - one for number one and the other for number two. She was devoted to him and did a good job taking care of him. But then it happened. The interest waned. I found myself then reminding her occasionally to make sure she was taking care of his needs. Then the occasional became frequent as she became more and more involved in school activities and friends.
Now the cat is mine, and he loves it because I am dependable. I've attached the following picture to demonstrate that he is a typical cat in that he will surely nest in a suitcase being readied for vacation. The only consolation was that it was Taylor's suitcase and not mine.
Useful For You - Useful To Me
It is very important to me to get feedback; so, if you could interact with an Episode by selecting Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down, whether you think the Episode was Useful, Funny, Awesome, Beautiful, or Interesting, and, finally, type in some Comments about what you really think.
When working with an Episode, here are some tips:
- You can access an Episode by selecting a link provided in the Select an Episode section on the Development Dads introductory page. Get to this page by clicking this link.
- You can also access an Episode by clicking on the Randall Frey link to the right of my unfavorable photo.
- Note that when you are viewing any Episode, you can also select a Previous or Next Episode link at the bottom of the page to display it. To my dismay, sometimes these links appear and some times they don't.
- To enlarge a cartoon, you will need to change you browser's View | Zoom out setting.
© 2015 Randall Frey