- Family and Parenting»
- Parenting Skills, Styles & Advice
Development Dads - Where Is Santa? - Toddler
Where Is Santa?
Timing Was Everything
At the age of two, Taylor believed in Santa Claus but did buy into the story that Joy and I had been ordained by Claus to make sure her presents got under the tree by Christmas Eve. She did, however, definitely believe in the Tooth Fairy because she thought she had visual proof besides the dollar bill she found under her pillow.
It was about 11:00 in the evening and she had been asleep for at least two hours. I thought it would be a good time to sneak the dollar bill under her pillow. I quietly entered her room and tip-toed quietly up to her bed. It was a clear night and I noticed through her window the dimming lights of a passenger jet was passing high in the sky. Then I slid the dollar bill under her pillow and started to leave; but, to my surprise, she woke up. "Hi, poppy." She said. I stopped and turned around. "Hey, sweetie." I walked back to the bed. "I thought I heard someone in your room. - Maybe the Tooth Fairy." "I didn't hear her." She replied sleepily. "Well check under your pillow and see if she came." She sat up, lifted her pillow, and lifted up the dollar bill. "She was, poppy. She was here." I then looked out the window. "Look there Tay. - There she goes across the sky." She jumped out of bed, I picked her up, and we watched the Tooth fairy fly across the sky. "Wow, poppy, there she goes. - Looks like Tinker Bell." "Yep", I said, "she sure sparkles in the night." We watched for a little while longer before I picked her up and put her back to bed. She had the sweetest smile on her face as she held tight to the bill, rolled over and fell back to sleep. I left the room happy for her and happy for me that I wasn't busted as the Tooth Fairy.
Useful For You - Useful To Me
It is very important to me to get feedback; so, if you could interact with an Episode by selecting Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down, whether you think the Episode was Useful, Funny, Awesome, Beautiful, or Interesting, and, finally, type in some Comments about what you really think.
When working with an Episode, here are some tips:
- You can access an Episode by selecting a link provided in the Select an Episode section on the Development Dads introductory page. Get to this page by clicking this link.
- You can also access an Episode by clicking on the Randall Frey link to the right of my unfavorable photo.
- Note that when you are viewing any Episode, you can also select a Previous or Next Episode link at the bottom of the page to display it. To my dismay, sometimes these links appear and some times they don't.
- To enlarge a cartoon, you will need to change you browser's View | Zoom out setting.
© 2015 Randall Frey