- Family and Parenting»
- Parenting Skills, Styles & Advice
Development Dads - Equal Turmoil? - Toddler
Who Really Rules?
Why is it that I hear this statement almost everyday from men "I have to ask the wife first"? I asked a guy the other day, "I like those cargo shorts. Where did you get them?" He immediately replied, "Don't know, have to ask the wife, she buys all my clothes. - Better taste."
I must admit that I also defer, constantly. If there ever is decision to be made concerning our home, job, social activity, whatever, I think first to ask Joy. Is it because we have a partnership that enables us to equally discuss any topic that affects our lives; or, is it because she makes better decisions, has better insight, has a keener skill of projection? Or, is it because I don't want to make a decision?
The more married men I talk to, the more I realize that most do not run the show - they support the show. As a matter of feeling, I think that there probably wouldn't be a show without women.
I know, I know there are men out there who control everything in their lives. They make all the decisions, all the rulings, and many actually think that a woman is not competent enough to be the boss let alone be a partner. I know less and less of these types, and, in truth, am happy for it. More than likely, the woman behind the boss is actually in control but uses a weird submissive reverse psychology to keep him unaware. Benefit of the doubt, as you will.
Useful For You - Useful To Me
It is very important to me to get feedback; so, if you could interact with an Episode by selecting Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down, whether you think the Episode was Useful, Funny, Awesome, Beautiful, or Interesting, and, finally, type in some Comments about what you really think.
When working with an Episode, here are some tips:
- You can access an Episode by selecting a link provided in the Select an Episode section on the Development Dads introductory page. Get to this page by clicking this link.
- You can also access an Episode by clicking on the Randall Frey link to the right of my unfavorable photo.
- Note that when you are viewing any Episode, you can also select a Previous or Next Episode link at the bottom of the page to display it. To my dismay, sometimes these links appear and some times they don't.
- To enlarge a cartoon, you will need to change you browser's View | Zoom out setting.
© 2015 Randall Frey