- Family and Parenting»
- Parenting Skills, Styles & Advice
Development Dads - Negligible Neglect - Prepubescent
Get It All Out As Fast As You Can
When Taylor came home from school, she would immediately work on her homework before dinner. She wanted to get it out of the way so she could do her own thing the rest of the evening.
As soon as we sat down to eat, she would jabber away, non stop, about her day at school. We would just sit there, listen, and smile a lot as she got it all out. She would go on and on talking about her teachers, her friends, any special activities, and anything that she could think of that she thought we wanted to hear.
And then, after dinner, she would ignore us as she went about the business of playing, listening to her music, and usually drawing something. She never had a problem with winding down before bedtime and typically she was asleep within minutes of her head hitting the pillow.
She consistently told us that she loved talking with us because we listened and were into anything she had to say. Open communication has always been our strongest suit.
Useful For You - Useful To Me
It is very important to me to get feedback; so, if you could interact with an Episode by selecting Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down, whether you think the Episode was Useful, Funny, Awesome, Beautiful, or Interesting, and, finally, type in some Comments about what you really think.
When working with an Episode, here are some tips:
- You can access an Episode by selecting a link provided in the Select an Episode section on the Development Dads introductory page. Get to this page by clicking this link.
- You can also access an Episode by clicking on the Randall Frey link to the right of my unfavorable photo.
- Note that when you are viewing any Episode, you can also select a Previous or Next Episode link at the bottom of the page to display it. To my dismay, sometimes these links appear and some times they don't.
- To enlarge a cartoon, you will need to change you browser's View | Zoom out setting.