- Family and Parenting»
- Parenting Skills, Styles & Advice
Development Dads - Primarily Mom - Adult
Who Will She Run To?
Scenario: Joy and I are standing on the sidewalk in front of our home. We are watching Taylor, at age two, run toward us with this big broad smile on her face.
Suddenly she trips on a sidewalk crack and falls down. She skins up her knees and the palms of her hands. As she tries to stand up, she begins to wail when she sees us. As we approach and she gets to her feet, who does she run to? Does she run to her mother or father for comfort, care, and love.
Fortunately this didn't happen when both of us were together. It did, however, happen to each of us. When it happened with me, she ran to my arms, and she didn't cry out, "I want my momma!" I figured it this way. She was quite satisfied with running to me as her sole protector and consoler at that particular time. That was more than good enough for me
Useful For You - Useful To Me
It is very important to me to get feedback; so, if you could interact with an Episode by selecting Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down, whether you think the Episode was Useful, Funny, Awesome, Beautiful, or Interesting, and, finally, type in some Comments about what you really think.
When working with an Episode, here are some tips:
- You can access an Episode by selecting a link provided in the Select an Episode section on the Development Dads introductory page. Get to this page by clicking this link.
- You can also access an Episode by clicking on the Randall Frey link to the right of my unfavorable photo.
- Note that when you are viewing any Episode, you can also select a Previous or Next Episode link at the bottom of the page to display it. To my dismay, sometimes these links appear and some times they don't.
- To enlarge a cartoon, you will need to change you browser's View | Zoom out setting.
© 2015 Randall Frey