- Family and Parenting»
- Parenting Skills, Styles & Advice
Development Dads - Staying Single - Adult
What Goes Around
Ross (B. Single) was but one of three gentlemen in the office who did not want to get married or have children. One of them usually had such over-the-top negative comments about fatherhood that I avoided using any of his material.
For four years, he remained negative and never showed any interest other than snideness in any of our fatherhood bantering. On top of that, we didn't know much about his personal life because he never offered and opening.
Then on one Monday morning, the grapevine broadcasted that he got married over the weekend and his wife was expecting in a few months. While we were congratulating him and trying to schedule a celebratory lunch, we found out that his wife was previously married and was already raising two children - a three and a five year old.
We were amazed, - no, stunned. Not of his circumstances, but of his vehement stance to never 'go there'. We all hoped that he had been listening to us to help him now start parenting a ready made family but also prepare for a newborn.
One never knows, but maybe one should at least get one signal.
I like the way, 'snideness' sounded, so I created it for this occasion.
Useful For You - Useful To Me
It is very important to me to get feedback; so, if you could interact with an Episode by selecting Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down, whether you think the Episode was Useful, Funny, Awesome, Beautiful, or Interesting, and, finally, type in some Comments about what you really think.
When working with an Episode, here are some tips:
- You can access an Episode by selecting a link provided in the Select an Episode section on the Development Dads introductory page. Get to this page by clicking this link.
- You can also access an Episode by clicking on the Randall Frey link to the right of my unfavorable photo.
- Note that when you are viewing any Episode, you can also select a Previous or Next Episode link at the bottom of the page to display it. To my dismay, sometimes these links appear and some times they don't.
- To enlarge a cartoon, you will need to change you browser's View | Zoom out setting.
© 2015 Randall Frey