Exciting Ways To Get Kids Involved Doing Housework
well each and everyone has different ways of getting their kids involved in housework. here are some ideas which in my opinion would work.
1. start young. of course, when your kids are babies, you can just talk to them but at the same time, letting them see you at work might help esp if your kids are toddlers.
2. you can involve them in cooking. for toddlers, you can give them simple tasks to do like holding things, handing you things, getting them to get or throw something, and when they manage them, you can praise them. this will make them feel like being part of a grown up task.
3. you can get them to clean, clear or tidy something. eg bring the broom and dustpan and letting them watch you at work and explaining why you are doing that, putting away their own toys.
4. get them involved while you're folding clothes. they can pass you the clothes, maybe fold one or two of them.
5. when you get back home from grocery shopping, they can help you to put away your items. they can pass the items to you while you keep them.
remember, when you get your child to help you, make them feel as if they're doing a great thing by maybe praising them and saying what a strong boy you are or you're so helpful. it will give them a sense of satisfaction and be eager to help you the next time too, instead of thinking of them as chores.
make sure you foster all these habits when your child is young. it's good to start early esp when they're toddlers as that's the age where they pick up information very fast. once they grow older, they might not be so willing but since their habits have been fostered since young, they will do it.