Funny family sayings
* Insanity is inherited, you get it from your children. - Anon
* Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing. - Anon
*If you don't believe in ghost, you've never been to a family reunion. - Desmond Tutu
*Happiness is having a large, supportive, close family...in another state. - Anon
*A family is a unit composed not only of children, but of men, women, an occasional animal, and the common cold. - Odgen Nash
*My family tree is full of nuts. - Anon
*Families are like fudge-mostly sweet with a few nuts. - Anon
*Remember, as far as anyone knows, we are a normal family. - Anon
*Family: A social unit where the father is concerned with parking space, the children with outer space, and the mother with closet space. - Evan Esar
*Insanity runs in my family. It practically gallops. - Anon
*If you cannot get rid of the family skeleton, you might as well make it dance. - George Bernard Shaw
*In a family of toddlers and pets, we discover this rule of thumb about happy families, that they are two-thirds incontinent. - Robert Brault
*Family rule #1:Don't sweat the small stuff. - Anon
Heartwarming family sayings
*Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family. Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one. - Jane Howard
*Blood makes you related, love makes you family. - Anon
*The laughter of a child is the light of a house. - Anon
*A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on. - Carl Sandburg
*The love of one's family is one of nature's masterpieces. - Anon
*In times of test, family is best. - Burmese Proverb
*Real family does not come from your blood. It is the people standing beside you when no one else is. - Anon
*The family circle will never end. - Anon
*The love of a family flows strong and deep leaving us memories to treasure and keep. - Anon
*No family is perfect...we argue, we fight. We even stop talking to each other at times, but in the end, family is family...the love will always be there. - Anon
*Give me a house to call my own, a family and friends to make it a home. - Anon
*You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you. - Desmond Tutu
*The love of a family is life's greatest gift. - Anon
*Families are tied together with heartstrings. - Anon
*A happy family is but an earlier heaven - Anon
What do I do with all these sayings?
That's a good question. Here are a few suggestions....
1. Make a handmade card, you family would love it.
2. Print out a saying in a nice font and color. Frame it and hang it on the wall or give it as a gift.
3. Paint one of the shorter sayings on a frame and place a family picture inside it.
4. Backstitch a saying on a piece of aida cloth and make it into a pillow or wall hanging.
Whatever you do your family will love it. Afterall, it was made by you.
Families of Today Trivia
- The definition of a ‘family’ used by the Office for National Statistics is “a married, civil partnered or cohabiting couple with or without children, or a lone parent with at least one child”.
- The number of households with step children has doubled in the last ten years.
- A man named Ziona Chana lives in a 100 room, four storey house set amidst the hills of Baktwang village in the Indian state of Mizoram and has the world's biggest family with 39 wives, 94 children, 14 daughters-in-law and 33 grandchildren.
- Scientists in 2006 discovered, is that children often get their height from their father's side, and their weight from their mother's.
- It is estimated that more than half of all Americans either have been or will be included in a blended family during their lifetime.
- Until the late 17th century, ‘family’ included not only relatives but also the servants of a household.
- Children generally adjust better to a stepparent after the death of a natural parent than after a divorce.
- One woman, the wife of a 18th century Russian peasant named Feodor Vassilyev, gave birth to 69 children, spanning 27 pregnancies. This included 16 pairs of twins, 7 sets of triplets, and 4 sets of quadruplets.
- Second Marriages and Blended Families
Statistics waver depending on sources, but one thing remains true: second and subsequent marriages face a lot more issues. In fact, they are more likely to fail if they involve step-children.
- Blended Families—Me and the Other Mother
Today blended families have a completely different feel and dynamic than 30 years ago. But relationships between the Mom and the other mother is still a strained place to be. Here is my take on it.
- The Challenges of Step-Parenting and Raising Blended...
Deciding to blend your families is an exciting time for both you and your partner, but most children will not feel the same happiness and excitement that you feel. The children will often be worried about the upcoming changes, living with new sibling
- Blended Families: How to Do it Without Shaking Every...
Practical advice for the holiday about making yourself at home when you are not at home. How to be a guest without getting in the way of the hostess. Enjoying yourself and enjoying others during the holidays.
- The Great Challenges of Blended Families
What are the greatest challenges of blended families? How can you deal with these challenges and bring up the kids in a good way? Read on to learn more about being a parent in a blended family.
“Govern a family as you would cook a small fish – very gently”.— Chinese proverb
© 2010 Susan Hazelton