The First Years Wave Stroller
The First Years Wave Stroller, Crimson Red
A Stroller is a New Parent Necessity
There are so many things the parenting magazines and baby books tell new parents to get, but you don't really need all of them. When my husband and I were expecting our first baby two years ago, we talked to other parents about what we would really need versus the extras the magazine ads were trying to convince us we needed.
With all the other essentials we knew we needed - crib, car seat, etc. - we didn't really believe we needed to spend the extra money on a stroller - at first. Then my less than seven-pound daughter got heavier, and it became nearly impossible to carry her in the infant car seat carrier because of all the extra weight. I decided it was time for a stroller.
Why Choose the Wave?
There are a lot of things to consider when buying a stroller, and even at Amazon.com's reduced price of $299.99, the cost of this device may be prohibitive to some new moms, but with all the things the Wave has to offer, the price really isn't unreasonable at all. Here are some of the pros:
- Sturdy modern frame that can safely hold up to 50 pounds
- Convenient swivel seat, with a 5-point harness for added safety
- Adjustable handle height, so you don't have to break your back or kick the stroller wheels while pushing
- Bassinet can be converted to a toddler seat
- Bassinet/seat can be removed to accomodate most infant car seats
- Frame can be folded easily with one hand after seat is removed
- Weighs less than 25 pounds
- Available in several cool colors
And eBay has a good selection of the First Year Wave strollers for less. Check them out!
Some Potential Problems with the Wave
- While relatively easy to clean, the fabric is not machine washable
- There are no cup holders for caregivers or tray for baby
- Storage basket beneath may not be large enough for some
The Bottom Line
The First Years Wave Stroller is a fabulous product for this price range. It offers more features than its competitors (like Bugaboo, orbitbaby, and UPPAbaby) at less than half the price of their strollers.
Even better than the price, though, is the reputation of the manufacturer. The First Years Company has long been a trusted name in baby products, and the Amazon feedback on this product shows that that trust is certainly not misplaced.
You really can't go wrong buying this baby stroller. So, save up your money now before baby gets here, or add this item to your baby registry and have a group of your friends go in on it together. You will not be disappointed with this purchase.
For An Even Better Look
Check out BabyGizmo.com's review below. You can see the stroller in action. This will certainly sell you on the Wave's superiority.