Fun Things to Do With Your Kids On A Snow Day
The roads are icy and school is cancelled! What are you going to do today? Here is a list of 15 things to keep everyone busy during the day and create memories.
1. First and foremost, throw on your snowsuit & snow boots and GET OUTSIDE TO PLAY IN THE SNOW! I don’t know about you but I LOVE sledding, building a snowman and snowball fights!
2. Add food coloring to water in squirt bottles and use them to “color” in the snow.
3. Once you are nice and cold, come inside to enjoy a warm cup of hot cocoa!
4. Relax with kiddos and enjoy a movie.
5. Bake cookies or try making a kid-friendly recipe with them. Of course you will get to enjoy this later as a snack!
6. Build a fort with tunnels in your living room and through the hallway.
7. Have the kids pretend they are the news team and film them broadcasting the weather report to you.
8. Use masking tape to build a road throughout your house and make a town to drive their cars through.
9. Take a reading break! Everyone curls up with their favorite book or read from a chapter book together.
10. Play cards and board games.
11. Start a family band and write songs together.
12. Create an obstacle course.
13. Exercise together.
14. Host a magic show or talent show.
15. Make homemade ice cream
16. Make snowflakes indoors using a coffee filter and cutting out your own pattern then hang them on the window.
I hope you have found some new ways to have FUN with your kiddos on a snow day! Enjoy the snow and stay warm!