Girls and Their Favorite Things...
While it's said that boys like their toys, it's also said that girls like their favorite things. Sunshine likes her toys and her things. I'm not greedy it's just that some of my toys are my things.
The reasons to appreciate your favorite things are endless. Here are just a few reasons!
- They make you smile or laugh
- They offer comfort and ease
- They make you feel good about yourself
- They taste yummy
- They make you feel pretty
- They make you think
- They smell good
- They help you relax
- They are handy and dandy
Some of you might remember Oprah's Favorite Things. During these shows the viewers at home were green with envy. The audience guests were able to tote their gifts home with them. What a treat that was for them! I so wanted to be one of those audience members!
The definition of Girl: A female child from birth to adulthood
The definition of Favorite: One that is treated or regarded with special favor or liking. A person or thing who is specially loved or trusted and appreciated.
The definition of Thing: Personal items or belongings.
Girls and their favorite songs!
Girls Favorite Things...
I interviewed my granddaughter and her friends. They were more than ready to share their favorite things.
Favorite surprise: Getting a new barbie, a birthday party, going to Disney
Favorite boy: Cole, Jonyen, Tristen
Favorite game: Brat doll, Pokémon, stuffed bunny
Favorite school subject: Science, Art, Learning about animals
Favorite singer: Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber (Bieber rules)
Favorite movie: Tangled, Dolphin Tales, Rapunzel
Favorite Disney Princess: Belle, Sleeping Beauty, Rapunzel
Favorite Movie Star: Vanessa Hudgens, Jim Carey, Miley Cyrus (???)
Favorite type of dog: German Shepard, Shih Tzu, Chihuahua
Favorite TV Show: iCarly, Spongebob, Pokémon Black & White
Sunshine's Favorite Things
Some of my favorite things in no specific order are:
- My family and friends.
- Avon Products.
- Books. I prefer paperbacks, but will read hardbacks and I have tried digital books, just not a big fan of them.
- Tim McGraw, Kenny Chesney, Keith Urban and Country Music.
- Lip balms.
- My iPhone which is attached at my hip.
- Old Navy Flip Flips in assorted colors.
- My Dell Laptop.
- A basketball and shooting hoops with my Chickies.
- Body sprays and mists.
- Thunderstorms, rain, lightning and hopefully a rainbow afterwards.
- Spicy Chicken wings and Ranch Dressing.
- Dark Chocolate in any shape or form.
- Sunshine on my shoulders, makes me happy.
- Pens that click, the clicking helps reduce stress.
- Chewing gum preferably, Wintermint by Stride and Shaun White.
- Post-its, I could never have too many.
- Comfy Tank tops in all colors.
- Law and Order and Criminal Minds TV Marathons.
- Freshmints Tic Tacs.
I wish I could send each reader my favorite things, but I don't have Oprah's resources to just give things away. If I did, I would!
Cyndi Lauper - Girls Just Want To Have Fun
My suggestion to you: Make a list of your favorite things and take the time to enjoy them. Remember to take time out for yourself.
You are special. You are important. Once in a while you just have to say "The heck with it" and just "be here now" and enjoy the moment.
My challenge to you is to at least once a day, if even for 30 minutes...think of YOU!
My favorite Oprah quote in honor of her many "Favorite Things" shows: Before you agree to do anything that might add even the smallest amount of stress to your life, ask yourself: What is my truest intention? Give yourself time to let a yes resound within you. When it's right, I guarantee that your entire body will feel it.
~~~Keep on shining~~~
Girls like to party!
© 2012 Linda Bilyeu