Graco Nautilus 3-in-1 Car Seat Review
Currently Available at Amazon!
What is the Graco 3-In-1 Car Seat?
The Graco 3-In-1 Car Seat is one of the most popular car seats on the market. With a price much more affordable than Britax, and a similar comfort and safety level, it's a small surprise. Parents are looking for something that is safe and affordable. Graco has finally delivered that.
The price is very affordable. Retail price is set at around $180, but you can find it on sale at many locations for around $140. (Just saw it at Target for that price.) You can also buy it online, and get free shipping from a reliable vendor such as Amazon.
One of the advantages of the Graco 3-in-1 is that it converts for almost every stage of your child's life, from toddler to older child. Having a car seat that lasts from one to 8 years is a great advantage. This way, you don't have to purchase the regular seat and then the booster seat - always a money saver!
Plus, it's designed to be comfortable at every stage of your child's development. The five point harness is designed to hold children from twenty to sixty five pounds. This is a much farther range than the typical harness. If you've ever used a seatbelt on a child that's too big to be in a toddler seat, yet too small to be in a regular booster, you'll see the advantage of this right away. It then converts to a high back booster, and finally a regular booster for a child up to 100 pounds in weight.
The Nautilus is one of the most extensively tested car seats currently on the market. It's one of the few currently approved for side impact. According to Amazon, "the car seat meets or exceeds US Safety Standards, including U.S. Compliance Standard FMVSS 213; the New Car Assessment Program (NCAP), with peak Crash Force approximately twice the Car Seat Standard; and tests for Extreme Car Interior Temperatures." It's a comfort to know that this really is one of the safest car seats out there!
You can find the Graco Nautilus a variety of colors, including pink, black, and tan. However, different colors come at different price points (for reasons I can not entirely comprehend!) But if you have to have the Graco Nautilus Rachel, then go for it!
Britax Car Seats - A Good Alternative
Graco 3-in-1 Car Seat
What Do You Prefer?
Graco Nautilus Vs. Britax?
What do Graco Nautilus Reviews Have to Say?
Of the 662 customer reviews of the Graco Nautilus on Amazon, 444 gave it 5 stars, 150 gave it four, and only 68 gave it a 3 or less. I don't know about you, but I always skip to the negative reviews to see where the problems with the seat were. Here's what the reviewers stated were the major problems...
- The crotch strap - It was very hard to adjust. For many people, it was too far back, resulting it in being underneath the child.
- The straps are hard to adjust in general - you have to take the padding off to adjust them, which was a pain.
- The seat does not lean back very far, which resulted in the child's head coming forward a when they fell asleep.
- The seat is heavy, making it hard to move between cars.
Now, on to the positive...
- Inexpensive. A shade below the Britax in quality, but a good value for the price.
- Has a harness option for the older children. Again, this is limited by the placement of the crotch strap, but would be perfect if had a third adjustment point.
- Very safe. Steel reinforced frame (which makes it heavy) also keep the kids safe in case of an accidents.
- Comfortable. Many people said that this was one of the most comfortable car seats their kids had sat in. The only ones who disagreed were those who previously used a Britax.
To see more reviews, click here.
Installing a Graco Nautilus Car Seat
Finding a Good Graco Nautilus Sale?
So, we've been talking and talking about the Graco Nautilus. If you want to buy it, where can you find it on sale?
To find a good Graco Nautilus sale, I would start by checking online. Amazon generally drops the price of it from time to time. You can also check in the stores and watch the fliers. Some people have seen it on sale at Walmart. I just saw it on sale at Target. It will just be a waiting game to find a place near you with the price you want.
A good price to look for is around $140 - that's the sale price I've been seeing. Let me know if it's lower where you are!