Host An Exchange Student In Houston
To be a host family for a foreign exchange student
Have you ever thought of hosting a student in your family and home and teaching them American culture?
- The exchange students live as a member of your family, attending the local high school for one academic school year or one semester.
- An exchange student's needs are simple - a bed of her own (many students share a bedroom), a quiet place to study, and an extra place at the table for meals normally eaten at home.
- The exchanges students come with their own money. They take care of their own school lunches, phone bills, school expenses, etc.
- All exchange students are covered by full medical insurance.
When you volunteer to host an international exchange student, you will experience a foreign culture without ever leaving home. By opening your
home, you open a student’s eyes to America: real people, real
experiences, and real life. At the same time, your generosity of spirit
creates a positive view of the United States that crosses oceans—and
lasts a lifetime. You'll certainly grow to love the boy or girl who enters your
home, a stranger in August, and leaves, a family member in December or June... it's your choice.
- Must have 2 or more family members ( single may host with prior authorization)
- Have at least one family member over 28
- Provide breakfast, dinner, and snacks for the student
- You can have up to two exchange students
- Financially secure
I am specifically looking for host families in The or surrounding areas are considered . If you live in the area and would like to be blessed by the wonderful experience of hosting an exchange student for more information you can call or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 601-299-0928. Woodlands, TX
I will serve as the coordinator between you, the student, and the school. I will have contact with you and your student, and I will provide the counseling support should any issues arise.
If you are not from The Woodlands but still interested in an exchange program, I can also refer you to coordinators in your area.
Pass the information along
Even if you are not interested in hosting an exchange student someone you know maybe interested. Any information you can offer to others about this wonderful opportunity would be greatly appreciated. Make as many copies or send as many emails of this article as you feel fit and spread the word.
- Children shelters
- Adoption agencies
- Community events