- Family and Parenting»
Why do Kids fall ill frequently ? How to Boost Immunity in Fussy Children?
Other Useful hubs by Chitrangada Sharan
- Anemia/ Anaemia or Iron Deficiency : Which Are The I...
Do you feel tired, fatigued or dizziness? Get blood test done, you may be suffering from Anaemia or Iron deficiency. But you can cure it by taking certain Iron rich food. Read on symptoms-solutions.
What Is Immunity?
© Chitrangada Sharan Dec. 2013
All Rights Reserved.
- As the temperature goes down during winter season, the climate becomes quite conducive for viral growth and therefore infections.
- As a result there is an increase in children falling ill frequently, as they are most vulnerable, due to various reasons- weak Immune system being one of the most prominent among them.
- It is thus required to boost the immune system of the children.
What is Immunity?
- Immunity is the Internal Defence Mechanism of the body.
- Everyday our body fights germs, bacteria, viruses, weather changes and many other unfavourable environmental factors, which can lead us to fall ill.
- A strong Immune system helps to protect us against these factors and acts as a Defence shield.
- Persons who do not have a strong Immune system, frequently fall ill.
Why do children have less Immunity?
- The children do not have a strong Immune system, since it is still developing. Hence they can be more vulnerable to infections as compared to adults.
- It is therefore essential to develop, boost and strengthen the Immunity of children, by giving them a healthy environment, a balanced and nutritious diet and dietary supplements, if t is required.
Why do children fall ill frequently?
Children, especially small kids are more vulnerable to illness. Why?
Higher risk factors can be as following---
- Lower Immunity as compared to adults, as their Immune system is still in development stage,
- Likely exposure to toxins in the environment,such as allergens and pollutants,
- Changing or extreme weather,
- Dust, Germs, Contaminated food or water etc.
- Unhealthy or Unbalanced diet,
- Lack of exercise,
- Hand to mouth activities,
- Exposure to people suffering from infections or illness,
- Fussy eaters or Fussy in wearing warm clothes etc.
Most of the children lack the common sense, unlike adults, to correctly wash their hands or stay away from sick children or persons. Most of the times they get infected, during their school time.
Other Useful hub by Chitrangada Sharan
- What Are Antioxidants? : Why Are They Essential?
Antioxidant are those vital nutrients usually termed as Vitamins and Minerals, which protect our body's cells from wear and tear and repairs them. They are found in abundance in natural food items.
How To Boost Immunity In Fussy Children?
Most of the children are fussy eaters and it is a tough job to feed them a healthy diet. Parents have to use certain tricks, so that they get proper, balanced and nutritious food.
1. Fresh fruits and vegetables:
Make sure that you include fresh fruits and vegetables in your child's daily diet. This is to give him the adequate amount of Vitamins, Minerals and Antioxidants that he needs.
Freshly squeezed fruit juices provide flavonoids and Vitamin C, very effective to boost Immunity.
2. Protein rich diet:
Include milk or its products, such as curd, paneer, fish ,pulses etc. to fulfill the Protein requirements.
Honey is an excellent product to boost Immunity and children also love its taste. It has many medicinal properties, Antioxidants and has antimicrobial properties to help fight viral, bacterial or fungal infections.
Garlic is most effective if taken raw but your child would not like its taste for sure. You can extract the juice and mix in the food, because Garlic is antimicrobial and has various other properties to boost Immunity.
5. Make food appear interesting:
Children love well presented and decorated food.
There are many recipes, which can be prepared with the goodness of essential nutrients to feed the children.
Try preparing them with your imagination and creativity.
Simple Tips To Strengthen Immunity And Protect Children In Winters
- Teach the children to wash their hands properly with antiseptic soap, regularly and thoroughly.
- Make sure they avoid touching their eyes, nose, mouth with dirty hands.
- Teach them to be clean and keep their room, toys clean and hygienic.
- Strengthen their Immune system by providing them a well thought out proper, balanced, nutritious diet and make sure they consume it.
- Be careful and vigilant, so that they do not come into contact with people suffering from Influenza or other seasonal viral infections.
- Ensure that they stay warm by dressing them adequately for the winter season, in day time as well as nighttime. Cover their chest, head, ear, hands ans feet.
- If the child is a fussy eater and in spite of your best efforts, does not eat healthy food, a supplementation may be required to boost the Immunity of the child.
- In some cases, supplements may be essential, for which medical attention is a must. The doctor is the best person to advise, if things are beyond control.
To Sum up:
Prevention is better than cure.
If proper precautions are carried out beforehand, regarding children' s diet, hygiene, habits etc. the children will be able to ward off any kind of illness or infections.
For this building up of a strong Immune system is very much required. Most of the children may not take a complete and balanced diet, for which supplements may be given as prescribed by the physician.
© Chitrangada Sharan 30th Dec. 2013
All Rights Reserved.
PROTECTED: PLEASE DO NOT COPY!
Immunity boosting foods, source: You tube
Other useful hubs by Chitrangada Sharan
- Child Safety At Home: 10 Safety Tips For Kids Aged 3...
Toddlers find it amusing to keep their parents on toes.But these are the years, you are going to miss, when they are grown up. For now protect them from injuries, cuts, bruises, by these safety tips.
- How To Engage Children Constructively During School ...
Summer Vacations is an ideal time to make kids Learn with Fun. Channelize their energy in constructive activities, relax, recharge and rejuvenate and also strengthen their academics by playful methods.
- Loneliness Among Children : Are You Too Busy To Noti...
Busy parents and lonely children is the reality of today's society.But it is a necessity for both the parents to earn, to manage a decent living. How to find a balance so kids are also given attention.
© 2013 Chitrangada Sharan