- Family and Parenting»
How to Cut Kids Hair at Home
Kids haircut at home
Cut kids hair at home yourself and you will saving a lot of money and it will be a lot of fun as well. Kids hairstyle need to be simple, easy to manage, and for girls, not too long so that it does not hamper their fun on swings, slides, or other fun activities. This How to cut hair at home will help you boost your confidence and experiment with your kids hair.
How to cut kids hair?
Things needed for kids haircut at home:
- Sharp scissors
- Home haircutting kit
- Water bottle
Children start to take an interest in their own hairstyle from an early age and it’s great to encourage them to choose a style and teach them some hair care tips.
How to cut kids hair at home:
1. One of the best things you can do is to talk with your child about what happens when they get their haircut. That way the scissors and clippers and razors won't be a surprise to the little ones. Plus, if it's not a surprise, then they are less likely to freak about it.
2. Wet the hair first. By leaving the hair damp, and well conditioned, the hair is easy to manipulate. Combing or brushing the hair also helps.
3. Determine the length of hair that you want. If you have curly hair, make the length a little longer than desired because the curls will raise the hairline when they dry.
4. Take your time. The smaller the cut, the less likely one will mess up the hair and need to have it fixed.
Tips for kids hair cut at home:
- Always use sharp scissors as dull and blunt scissors result in uneven hairstyle.
- Always cut small length of hair at beginning.
- Always comb or brush the hairs to make them tangle free.
- For girls, keep it simple because hair can easily get tangled up when they are out playing.
- Brush girl's hair daily to keep out knots and tangles
- Avoid short haircuts if the kid's hair is thin.
- It is better to stay away from any hair clip with sharp teeth as it can cut into the kid's hair and cause hair damage.