How to Treat Diaper Rash and Chafing- Baby Diaper Rash Remedies
Rashes and Chafing
Baby diaper rash and chafing – an agony babies often have to endure. No mother can stand the sight of her little one wailing in pain because of the constant itchiness caused by diaper rashes.
Baby diaper rashes are usually caused by:
- Increased level of moisture, by leaving the wet diaper on for too long.
- Less air reaching the baby’s nappy area or bum.
- Chemical irritants and infectious organisms which may be present in the urine or feces,
- Food allergy
- Being unwell and having diarrhea
- Chafing due to rubbing of the diaper against the skin.
- Sensitivity to chemicals often found in wet baby wipes or creams used on the diaper area.
Diaper Rash Cures
The trapped moisture adversely affects the skin by breaking down the natural protective oils. As a result, red, inflamed and bumpy baby diaper rashes appear, causing great discomfort to the babies. This condition is further exacerbated by chafing of the diaper against the skin. Even aggressive or frequent cleaning of the nappy area using harsh detergents, using wrong sized diapers, or otherwise the ammonia in the urine can intensify the condition, making it painfully itchy for your baby.
However, this isn’t a serious medical problem. Fortunately, there are plenty of gentle, effective cures for diaper rash to soothe your baby's little bum.
Best diaper rash treatment can be given at home, using natural, readily available products that you have at home.
Check these great baby related hubs!
- Breastfeeding Myths, Benefits, Facts, Problems
Among the most beautiful and heart-felt experiences of life, bearing and mothering a child is a treasuring moment for every woman. If you are a mother-to-be, then I hope you have done your homework on knowing...
- Cool Baby Facts about Breastfeeding and Nutrition
It is no secret; babies can bring happiness and joy to a persons life. Actually, it's a fact that just the simple act of holding a baby can bring a smile to someones face and fill their heart with...
Buy conveniently online:
Diaper Rash Cures – The Easy Way:
If you find yourself without any diaper rash ointments or other diaper rash medications for your baby’s rashes. Simple home remedies can just do the trick!
Here is what you have to do for treatment of diaper rash:
1. It is a good practice to let the baby remain diaper-less or nappy-less for a little while every day. If not, tie a loose cloth diaper around the baby to let some air pass through.
2. Whenever your baby wets the diaper, don’t wait another minute! Change the diaper right away. Make sure you keep your baby’s skin dry and clean all the time. Trapped moisture is harmful for the baby’s skin, since it helps germs and bacteria multiply and cause the skin to become rashy and itchy.
3. For an effective home remedy for diaper rash, feed older infants with around 2 to 3 ounces of cranberry juice. This helps in lowering the pH level in the urine and reduces nappy irritation.
4. Always wash your baby’s bottom using mild soap (especially made for baby skin) and lukewarm water. After completely drying them u, sprinkle some corn starch on your baby’s bottom, then apply a thick layer of Vaseline. This forms a waterproof layer between your baby's skin and diaper material.
5. Add some oatmeal in your baby’s bathing water and keep your little cherub in the water tub for five minutes. Put in some toys so your baby can have a little fun time.
6. Also, it has been said by many grandmas that if you add a small quantity of baking soda in your baby’s bathing water, this also serves as an effective treatment of diaper rash.
7. Milk of magnesia is, again, a very effective diaper rash remedy. Apply some all over the rash area before you diaper up your baby.
8. Here is another one – pour some pure vegetable oil onto your hand and apply it onto the rash area.
Try these easy-to-apply cures for diaper rash to alleviate your baby from the unpleasant soreness caused by diaper rashes.
A Healthy Baby, a Happy You!