- Family and Parenting
I have wonderful parents, do I need to seek God ?
True Value of the Parents - Some Quotes
- "Love your parents and treat them with love and care. For you will only know their value when you see their empty chair."
- "First your parents, they give you your life, but then they try to give you their life.
- "No matter how far we come, our parents are always in us."
- "By the time I realized my parents were right, I had kids that did not believe me."
- "The best part about being friends with your parents is that no matter what you do, they have to keep loving you."
- "I think all of us are always five years old in the presence and absence of our parents."
In this hi tech world of fast technological innovations, where social networking is a buzz word, I decided to check out what information can be found through Google search on topics like Respecting the Parents, Loving Your Parents, Respect for Parents in modern times, Importance of Parents or Blessings of Parents etc.
But to my surprise (perhaps I should have anticipated it), I came across more articles, blogs, websites and forums which talked about bad parents, bad parenting, controlling parents, dealing with difficult parents or issues with parents rather than loving them or respecting them.
Almost every society, religion and culture teaches one to respect and honor one’s parents. Some of the quotes even say that there is heaven in their feet (broadly meaning “be obedient with reverence”) and their anger will spell hell for you. I recently wrote about my memories of my parents and the link is given at the end of this article.
The idea of this article is not to preach but once again understand the benefits of having a healthy and loving relationship with good parents.
From the contemporary standpoint:
- Their first concern is YOU, your welfare and your happiness.
- They are sadder when you are sad, they are happier when you are happy. In fact, their world revolves around you.
- Parents know you and understand you better than anybody else in the world.
- You can safely confide in them.
- Parents wish, hope and want positive things for you in life.
- Parents are always there to support you.
- Parents tolerate, accept and put up with your bad / unacceptable behavior.
By any logic, can there be a better friend or relationship than Parents to rely or trust upon?
It’s easy to take our parents for granted until you become one yourself. It is then you realize the sacrifices they’ve made for you. You then begin to appreciate the herculean efforts it takes to raise happy, healthy, educated children with good character.
And you may have some questions
You could perhaps be asking…..So what to do? What if my parents are dead? How can I repair or improve relationships? My parents are divorced ! I have controlling parent !
A true message from the parents
Well here are some positive tips for a healthy relationship with parents:
Nurture Relationships with love
If you already have a good relationships with parents then build on it further. If it is not a good one or there is scope for improvement then proceed to begin afresh and build a loving and healthy bond with your parents.
Respect your parents
Respect is foundation to love, and one of the best ways to show your parents that you love them is to treat them with respect. Small gestures in your daily routine, will make them feel loved and respected, and proud to have you as their child.
Why you should not be angry at your parents
In case one or both the parents are not alive or can’t be reached
Make a mental contact, go down your memory lane, forgive and ask for forgiveness, hug them so that you can heal the life.
Forgive, Learn To Let Go, Liberate Yourself Emotionally and lead a Wonderful Life !
Oh yes, here is the link to my other article about my parents.: I Don't Need to See God, I See My Parents.
And Towards the End
So if you have a happy relation with your parents, you are successful in seeking God on this earth !
Other hubs you may like on the similar subject
- Why it Hurts More When Harsh Words Come from the Loved One
Humans sometimes can show contradictory behavior. A hero at work could be an emotionally hurt person at home. Why does he feel so emotionally weak when with his own loved ones?
- Latest Trends in Online Social Networking: A Conversation between Angel and Teenager
With one in every four persons present on Online Social Networking, its popularity is growing worldwide at 18% every year. What are the benefits or dangers of Online Social Networking for students?