Ideas for Baby's First Birthday Celebration
A year old! You can't believe it. Twelve months ago you first set eyes on your little angel. Now you are organizing a first birthday celebration. First birthdays create lots of excitement in families. Grannies and grandpas and aunties and uncles and friends all want to be there for this celebration! Here are some ideas for baby's first birthday.
Remember your baby's first birthday will probably not go the way you expected it to go but you will have some great photos and good memories to look back on.
A Party At Home
For most people this is the most simple party to organize and is in the most familiar setting for your one year old. Here are some things to remember for this type of party
- Decide who to invite.
- Send invites by text or e-mail or phone or hand written.
- Organize party for a time when baby is not tired .
- Shouldn't last for more than 2-3 hours.
- Traditional party food including cocktail sausages. tiny ham sandwiches, top hats, baby cup cakes,
- Keep wipes handy for baby and other small children.
- Balloons are fun for one year olds
- Take plenty photos.
- Birthday cake- your one year old will probably just mess with it! let them!
If you don't have much room you may find a community center you can hire.
A friend or relative may offer who has more space.
Summer Party at Home
If its summer time you could go for a garden party.
- Hire a bouncy castle for bigger kids
- Have barbeque
- Hire or borrow a gazebo
- Need a table for food
- Disposable plates and cutlery make cleaning up easier
- Organise a few outdoor games for everyone.
A Teddy Bears Picnic
Themed partys are always fun. Although your one year old may not undersand all thats going on it is fun for all who come.There is lots of themed tableware and decorations available.
- Send invites that are teddy bear themed
- All the kids who come bring their teddy bear.
- If you have a tree use it to have the picnic under.
- Make or buy teddy bear cup cakes.
- Have the teddy bears picnic story to read to small guests.
- Have party bags with teddy goodies!
Gift Ideas For Baby's First Birthday
Your one year old will probably have more fun playing with the paper or box that his gift came in but here are some ideas. Clothes are also very acceptable At this stage baby is growing out of his clothes fast.
- Building Blocks
- Stacking Toys
- Ride On Toys
- Baby books with touch and feel
- Soft toys
- Push along toys
- Soft ball
Food Ideas for Baby's First Birthday
When preparing food for your baby's first birthday think small.
- Mini Muffins
- Bread Sticks
- Crisps( for baby's)
- Fruit cut up small
- Cubes of cheese
- Top Hats
- Birthday Cake
- Mini Sausages or Sausage rolls
- Mini sandwiches of different shapes