Its Summer!! What do I do with the kids?
It is that time of year when its time to think about what you want your kids to be doing this summer. Even though school is not out yet, it is always good to get a head start. Even if you wait until the last minute it is still possible to find some things for your kids to do in the summer, the question is what are those things? So what can you do? There are truly many choices you have depending on what you and your child/children like to do.
- SUMMER CAMPS - The types and kinds of summer camps are truly vast. There are specialty camps, day camps, weekly camps, overnight camps. Truly there are so many things to consider when looking at summer camps.
- SUMMER FAIRS – During the summer there are all sorts of fairs going on for different occasions. These fairs usually have lots to offer; face painting, music, food and arts and crafts. Sometimes fairs are a one day event but there are some fairs that last for a couple of days to a week. Check out the local fairs in your area.
- SUMMER CONCERTS – Sometimes there are summer concerts series throughout the summer. Some of these concerts are even free so check them out, especially the ones that are kid friendly.
- PARKS – Going to the park is a given during the summer and sometimes some parks have special summer activities that are going on as well.
- BEACHES - Going to the beach is a must. Making sandcastle and running with the waves especially on a hot day is a great way to spend the day with your kids.
- DAY CAMPS - If overnight or week long camps are not what you are looking for try day camps. Day camps can last one day or for a week. These camps can either be half days or full days to suit anyone’s needs. There are all types of day camps some are specialty camps like sports or other activities.
- COMMUNITY CENTERS - Sometimes community centers offer day camps or daily activities for kids so they are a great place to check out especially if you have one that is close to you.
- LOCAL EVENTS – Check out local events in your area. During the summer there are all types of events and functions going on check your local paper or events calendar to see what is going on near you. Sometimes local museums
- YMCA – The local YMCA always has a great deal to offer for kids. Each YMCA can be a bit different in what it has to offer so if you have a few in your area see what they have to offer during the summer.
- BOYS AND GIRLS CLUBS – Just like the YMCA the Boys and Girls Clubs have a great deal to offer during the summer. So check out your local chapter to see what is available for children.
Is it too late to sign up for camps or summer activities? Not necessarily. Some camps have later sessions that have not filled up and it is always good to check and see if there are spaces available. One place I like to look online for camps is Kids Camps it is a great resource to finding camps being offered in your area. They list the camps by type for example Sports Camps, Academic Camps, Special Interest Camps and so on. There are many choices to choose from because there are day camps, overnight camps and if camps are not for you there are many other choices for your kids in the summer. Checking out the local community or city center might give you more ideas on things to do because sometimes they offer fairs, concerts and other activities some which are even free of charge or low cost. In addition there are parks, playgrounds, beaches and other activities that can be done that are fun. A group of mothers at my kid's school like to get together once a week in the evening so that the kids can ride bikes and play on the play structure. Use your imagination and do a little investigation and I am sure you and your kids will have a great time this summer!!
- Kids Camps
KidsCamps.com is the Internet's most comprehensive directory of summer camps, winter camps, and spring break camps, including traditional overnight camps, day camps, teen tours, study abroad programs, and a variety of specialized camps and programs f