- Family and Parenting»
- Babies & Baby Care
Johnson’s Nursing Pads Review
No More Leaks
One of the most annoying and embarrassing things I recall my mom going through while breastfeeding was ending up with an awkward wet shirt in the most inopportune moment. Another annoying thing was to wash all those cloth pads, shirts, and bras every day. So, a month before I was due with my son I made sure to get a big box of these nursing pads. I wanted the convenience of carrying some with me in my diaper bag just in case. I don’t have to wash them and provide good soak-ability.
The are really absorbent because they pull and lock the moisture from your skin to keep you dry while still enabling the airflow; which helps sore nipples. The soft lining is cushiony for comfort. They don’t crinkle under your clothes and the adhesive strip helps the pads stay in place. They are made in France. Johnson’s Nursing Pads
- They are very absorbent.
- They have a soft lining that allows air to flow and helps with sore nipples.
- They are not individually wrapped and make it easy to take-and-go. No wrappers to deal with when you are in a rush.
- They are cost effective.
- The adhesive strip does not keep them in place very long.
- They are smaller than other nursing pad brands out there.
- They have a nipple indentation. It is more awkward than anything else and may be seen through bra and clothing. If they move that would just be more awkward, to have a nipple showing through your clothing where it ought not to be.
A thing I did not add to the pros list is that the pads are discrete when it comes to the round shape, making it so difficult to see that you are wearing something under your clothing. However, the nipple indentations give it away! I liked the Johnson and Johnson nursing pads better than the Lansinoh ones because they are more absorbent and I had to change them less frequently. The Lansinoh nursing pads’ adhesive ends up getting glued to itself and makes them bunch up, while the Johnson ones are thicker and do not bunch up at all. They are more affordable and you get more in a pack than most other brands. It’s a good buy for the quality of product you get.