Mother and Son Date Ideas
Life is adventurous with two boys and they love to explore the world around them! At least once a month, we try to plan a special outing. Here are some of our action-packed adventures:
- If you live close enough, take your son to the airport. Find a parking lot where you can park and sit on the back of the car. Watch the planes take off and land.
- Find a nearby creek (ours is 5 minutes away). Pack buckets, shovels, fishing poles and fishing nets. Spend the day exploring the creek with your son.
- Take your son to the nearest state park. Most parks offer hiking/biking trails and fishing spots.
- Go to the zoo.
- Spend the day geocaching. If you are not familiar with geocaching, (I only heard about this a year ago) it is a free, real-world outdoor treasure hunt. We have went geocaching once, SO FUN!!! Check out http://www.geocaching.com/ to find the treasures in your area.
- Visit the local fire station.
- Spend the day at the race track. Check out the different cars and watch them race.
- Go putt-putt.
- Take him to ride go-karts.
- Take him to see an age-appropriate action movie at the theater.
- Go to a sporting event. My boys are in to motor sports like their dad. However, my older boy plays baseball in the spring. I need to take him to see a MLB game this summer.
- Find a local assembly plant that you can tour. My boys are curious and enjoy learning how things are made!
Do you plan special dates for your son?
I hope you have at least found one new idea! Enjoy your adventure with your son(s)!