- Family and Parenting»
Motivation is so Important for Children : Role of Parents and Teachers!
Motivation: An Important Key To Success For Kids!
© Chitrangada Sharan March, 2015
All Rights Reserved.
A familiar incident:
The CBSE 10th Board examination results were declared and Priya did not achieve high percentage of marks, as expected.
The poor girl was completely heart broken. The problem was that she had to prepare herself for the forthcoming competitive entrance examinations for medical/ engineering and other qualifying examinations.
How she will perform in those was her greatest worry, as her whole future career depended on that!!
Where to get that 'Motivation' to start the studies again!!
Who Can Hep?
Children are tender in age and as such need some kind of emotional support from their parents and teachers in such situations.
Even we elders want someone to hold our hand, pat our shoulders in times of stress or difficult situations.
Then isn't it quite obvious that we as parents and teachers must provide that much needed 'Motivation' to our children in their distressful times!
Motivation Should Begin Right From The Beginning!
- Motivating the child right from the beginning, from the very tender age, can play an important part in boosting his or her morale and consequently bring out the best from them.
- Both parents and teachers have to lay a strong foundation for the child in this regard.
- Their guidance from the very early years would bring out the best and raise the bar of the children's academic or other performances.
- Here it is important to mention that identifying the potential of the child and polish them accordingly should be the focus of the parents and teachers.
- Each child is gifted, if not in one field, may be in another.
- Motivational guidance and supportive atmosphere and environment can help them to extend their talent towards the World of opportunities.
- This later on grows to become a passion among some of the children.
Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts."
~~~ Albert Einstein
10 Tips On How To Motivate The Children?
The Role Of Parents And Teachers:
- Letting the child discover his/ her talents and interests is one way.
- Paying attention to the activities the child performs or chooses to perform at home or in school gives an indication and that should be supported and nurtured by the parents and teachers.
- Exposure to different, challenging and enjoyable activities can develop curiosity and the child may get inclined towards the subject.
- The child should be allowed and encouraged to take decisions for himself independently.
- This will help him/ her to develop self confidence and also the child would be able to correct the mistakes.
- Make it a point to give honest feedback and suggest methods and ways of improvement.
- Appreciation of a task well completed is very important, whether by parents or teachers.
- This will help in boosting the morale of the child.
- Guidance in the right direction along with considerable freedom helps the young and curious minds of the children.
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."
~~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
Motivation is very important for success in case of children!
Schools Can Help!
Many schools organize various activities which provide a platform to the students with different opportunities that attract their attention.
This also encourages them to be adventurous, imaginative and creative.
These may include group activities and mass participation.
Besides an expert, other tools and resources are also made available.
This helps the observant teachers and school to identify, mold, nurture and encourage the child in a particular subject or field of his/ her interest.
Interactive sessions can further help in this regard.
Participation and motivational words help in success of the child.
By providing exposure to situations where the child is required to prove his/ her potential and complete the challenging tasks, the choices of the child can be determined.
This helps the child to take the right decision with the motivation and support of parents and teachers.
Both parents and teachers are thus equally responsible in paving the way for a child's success in the career and in life.
© Chitrangada Sharan 31st March, 2015
All Rights Reserved.
PROTECTED: PLEASE DO NOT COPY!
Motivating school kids, source: You tube
Parenting tips on 'Motivation', source: You tube
Other related hubs by Chitrangada Sharan
- Loneliness among Kids : Are you too busy to notice t...
Busy parents and lonely children is the reality of today's society.But it is a necessity for both the parents to earn, to manage a decent living. How to find a balance so kids are also given attention.
- Examination Stress: How to help Children cope with E...
Is your child facing examination stress?As a parent, are you helping or making things worse for your child? The mantra should be prior planning n study, realistic approach avoiding over expectation!
- Anger in younger children : Parenting Tips and Advic...
Anger is an emotion, which is natural and common. Children do get angry and a wise parent must identify the trigger points and teach the child to control the anger by working together with the child.
- Concentration vs Distraction~ How can Parents Help...
Concentration is a skill, that enables us to focus on a particular thought, while eliminating every other thing from our conscious mind. Children must be trained to concentrate for effective learning.
- How to Deal with Low Self Esteem in Kids and Improve...
How to help fight low self esteem, especially among children. Parents and teachers have special roles to achieve this. Counselling, sports, exercise and socializing are some of the ways to improve it.
© 2015 Chitrangada Sharan