10 Tips on How to Motivate the Children and the Role of the Parents and the Teachers.
Motivation: An important key to success for the children.
A familiar incident:
The CBSE 10th Board examination results were declared, and Priya did not achieve high percentage of marks, as was being expected.
The poor girl was completely heart broken. The problem was that she had to prepare herself, for the forthcoming competitive entrance examinations, for medical and engineering, and other qualifying examinations.
How she will perform in those entrance tests, was her greatest worry, as her whole future career depended on that.
Where to get that Motivation, to start the studies again!
Who Can Help?
The children are tender in age and not as mature as the adults. As such, they need some kind of emotional support, from their parents and teachers, in such situations.
Even we elders, want someone to hold our hand, pat our shoulders, in the times of stress or difficult situations. Don't we?
Then, isn't it quite obvious, that we, as parents and teachers, must provide that much needed 'Motivation' to our children, in their distressful times?
Motivation should begin, right from the beginning.
- Motivating the child, right from the beginning, from the very tender age, can play an important part, in boosting his or her morale and consequently, bring out the best, from them.
- Both the parents and the teachers, have to lay a strong foundation, for the child in this regard.
- Their guidance, from the very early years, would bring out the best, and raise the bar, of the children's academic, or other performances.
- Here, it‘s important to mention, that identifying the true potential of the child, and polishing them accordingly, should be the focus, of the parents and the teachers.
- Each and every child is gifted, if not in one field, then may be in another field.
- The motivational guidance, and the supportive atmosphere, and the conducive environment, can help them, to extend their talent, towards the World of opportunities.
- This later on grows, to become a passion, among some of the children.
Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts."
~~~ Albert Einstein
10 Tips on, how to motivate the children:
The role of the parents and the teachers:
- Letting the child discover his/ her talents, and interests, is one way.
- Paying attention to the activities, which the child performs, or chooses to perform, at the home or in the school, gives an indication, and that should be supported, and nurtured, by the parents and the teachers.
- Exposure to different, challenging and enjoyable activities, can develop curiosity, and the child may get inclined towards the subject.
- The child should be allowed, and encouraged, to take the decisions for himself/ herself, independently.
- This will help him/ her, to develop the self confidence, and also the child would be able to correct the mistakes.
- Make it a point to give honest feedback, and suggest methods and ways of improvement.
- Appreciation of a task well completed is very important, whether by the parents or the teachers.
- This will help in boosting the morale of the child.
- Proper guidance in the right direction, along with considerable freedom, helps the young and curious minds, of the children.
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."
~~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
Motivation: Can the schools help?
Many schools organise various activities, which provide a platform, to the students with different opportunities, that attract their attention.
This also encourages them, to be adventurous, imaginative and creative.
These may include, some group activities and mass participation.
Besides, the experts in various fields or subjects, other tools and resources are also made available.
This helps the observant teachers and the school, to identify, to mould, to nurture and to encourage the child, in a particular subject or field, of his/ her interest.
Interactive sessions, can further help in this regard.
It has been observed that the participation, and the motivational words, do help in the success of the child.
By providing the exposure to certain situations, where the child is required to prove, his/ her potential, and complete the challenging tasks, the choices of the child, can be determined.
This helps the child, to take the right decision, with the motivation and support, of the parents and the teachers.
Both the parents and the teachers, are therefore, equally responsible, in paving the way, for a child's success, in the career, and in the future life.
Motivation is very important for success in case of children!
Motivating school kids, source: You tube
Parenting tips on 'Motivation', source: You tube
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2015 Chitrangada Sharan